“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/3/2023 10:31 am  #226

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

The saddest thing is I actually miss watching Tooting Bec more that I do T&M and I've watched the latter for over 70 years!

18/3/2023 5:25 pm  #227

Well that’s it for me and the Steptoe clan!  Over and out as they say ! And the end of this thread. 

29/3/2023 1:43 am  #228

So depressing looking at the league table and Toots anchored at the bottom of the pit ! And sinking further ! Re writing the club records I suppose !

29/3/2023 4:51 pm  #229

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

So depressing looking at the league table and Toots anchored at the bottom of the pit ! And sinking further ! Re writing the club records I suppose !

Well yes, a loss on Saturday and a win for either SCR or Merstham in their six-pointer really does indicate the point of no return for T&M.  Won’t know for certain for at least another week but it’s a good indication.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (29/3/2023 6:07 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

30/3/2023 9:37 am  #230

Tooting need 10 points from their last five games to avoid automatic relegation, and that's without any other teams in the relegation battle gaining any points!

The average one point per game cannot be  reached as Tooting can only reach 35 points from 38 games, and they will have to  win all 5 games to get to  the 35 point target.

01/4/2023 4:28 pm  #231

A possible glimmer of a lifeline for Toots as both Bedfont Sports and Merstham lose today ?

01/4/2023 7:38 pm  #232

Mikem wrote:

Tooting need 10 points from their last five games to avoid automatic relegation, and that's without any other teams in the relegation battle gaining any points!

Make that 12 points, seeing as 11 makes us level with Merstham’s current position and their -17 goal difference as opposed to our -32 won’t cut the mustard.

A possible glimmer of a lifeline for Toots as both Bedfont Sports and Merstham lose today ?

Looking at the above, probably not

04/4/2023 1:36 pm  #233

Will Merstham pick up points tonight ?

04/4/2023 2:57 pm  #234

They've probably got a lot more chance than TM United have of picking up any on Saturday

04/4/2023 8:16 pm  #235

Will Merstham pick up points tonight ?

They are at the minute

04/4/2023 8:45 pm  #236

Bloody Nora!  Leatherhead got two in - on 89 minutes and 90 minutes.  What a shocker

05/4/2023 5:07 am  #237

We're still breathing...just!

09/4/2023 10:19 am  #238

If and a big IF Toots could  have hold onto their lead in the few matches they have led this season then perhaps they would not be in this dire situation ! Easier said than done given all the negative factors that have allowed this plight ! I respect some optimism still but rock bottom feels a step to far  for survival. Or does it ?

10/4/2023 3:52 pm  #239

It’s the end of an era, 67 years in the Isthmian, from the days of a single self contained league to multiple divisions and a place on the ladder.  We’re taking a big step down on the big ladder of football but all is not lost…..

This is a time for new beginnings, a new horizon, new friends to meet, new rivalries to emerge.  A new set of grounds and a new league for enthusiasts to get involved with, this is the beginning of a new era for T&M.

Yeah right!!!  What we’ve seen happen is a complete disgrace - this is an appalling day for the club.  For many, there are no positives.  Very, very sad and very infuriating at the same time.  There’s quite a few people involved with T&M who have no shame.  Totally disgusting, subhuman individuals.  I don’t think I can convey quite how disgusted I am at this moment in time. 

I’m having some very old fashioned ideas, such as setting up stocks and pillory outside Merton Council’s offices, and sticking the A team in it, inviting anyone and everyone to pretty much do what they want with them.  These people really are the pits.  A stain on human nature. 

If we don’t see the resignation of the management team that’ll be another kick in the teeth adding to the massive insult we’ve seen already. 

Fuming.  Bloody fuming.  I’m really glad I didn’t go, firstly as I wouldn’t have been able to get myself away, causing grief with work, and secondly I don’t think I’d be able to control what I’d say.  This is the ultimate insult.

10/4/2023 5:01 pm  #240

I feel not only for the current fans, what is left of them, but for all those over the decades and are no longer with us, who supported this club through thick and thin, good times, bad times, cup runs, the odd trophy, the toilets at the bog end of Sandy Lane, the high expectations of moving to Imperial fields , just to name a few past memories that linger on.
Perhaps the saddest day in this clubs history for many a year!

10/4/2023 10:18 pm  #241

TOTAL SHAMBLES !!

The Owner, Chairman, the majority of the "Members Club" (exceptions being Lynn & Keith), and the entire Management Team should hang their heads in shame and resign en masse NOW !!

An affront to the volunteers and loyal fans who have all been stabbed in the back.

Good luck in park football next season,  I can see another relegation on the cards. 😡😡😠

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

12/4/2023 4:54 pm  #242

The writing was on the wall well before this thread started in FEBRUARY 2022 !!!  The fall out of relegation is only just beginning, and the criticism and anger that is posted on the various threads is very much justified. It seems the Club itself has no comment. A very sad state of affairs!

15/4/2023 7:19 am  #243

Come on TOOTS. Make us proud today with a strong WINNING performance !!!!

15/4/2023 8:12 am  #244

Proud ? You must be joking. Even if we win the last 3 games, proud is the last thing we should be feeling.

15/4/2023 9:53 am  #245

Guess you have a valid point there Andy Mc !! A point Toots is unlikely to get today as well !!!!

15/4/2023 12:34 pm  #246

No disrepect to you mr steptoe but i think this thread should be finished now we have been relegated.
JOB DONE ADKINS 

15/4/2023 1:15 pm  #247

Totally agree Daniel Collins. Still hurting I’m afraid ! 

15/4/2023 1:26 pm  #248

Sorry mate feel your pain

22/4/2023 3:46 pm  #249

Sadly todays result was all too late. Over and out but have in  the main enjoyed the banter on this thread over the past couple of years. Bye for now!!!

21/5/2023 5:53 am  #250

I just hope I don’t have to rekindle this thread midway into next season’s campaign, instead  I hope to starting a new one headed by “ Toots promotion creeping nearer” !!!! By the way can you remind me what teams Toots will encounter when the season starts? Thanks.

Board footera