“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/3/2023 9:15 pm  #1

Tuesday 28th Action

With an absence of midweek action in the glorious South Central league, I’ve spotted Raynes Park Vale are at home to Frimley Green on Tuesday evening - is anyone up for a game?  It’s looking very likely that RPV will be going up (so could be a good game) and I’ve heard it’s a nice club.  With no other games going on I thought I’d put it out there. 

May be a bit of a goalfest as FG got done 0-8 by Camberley the other day in their local derby, wonder what will happen with top place RPV……….

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

22/3/2023 2:19 pm  #2

Re: Tuesday 28th Action

Well Bernie i hope you did not turn up at RPV last night as they lost for the first time in 21 games 4-0 away at Badshot Lea who now stand 2nd in the league two points behind them.

22/3/2023 4:35 pm  #3

Carshalton Boy wrote:

Well Bernie i hope you did not turn up at RPV last night as they lost for the first time in 21 games 4-0 away at Badshot Lea who now stand 2nd in the league two points behind them.

Not on parade last night but I saw the result, RPV Twitter reporting ‘21 league game unbeaten streak also comes to an end dating back to 1st Oct ‘22. Thats 171 days. 5 months & 20 days!’ which is a bit of an achievement.  I think Yaxley in the NPL Midlands can say the opposite with their 5 points this season……

28/3/2023 6:22 pm  #4

Called off.  Ref stopped it a very short time before it was meant to start.  Great.

Just looked, it was called at 19:01.  Piss poor

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (28/3/2023 6:24 pm)

29/3/2023 4:50 am  #5

I turned up around 7.30 to find it was called off. I spoke to someone from RPV who said both teams thought it was playable and that the ref was being a bit fussy. There was no mention of a pitch inspection on the RPV website beforehand.

29/3/2023 10:41 am  #6

Andy Mc wrote:

I turned up around 7.30 to find it was called off. I spoke to someone from RPV who said both teams thought it was playable and that the ref was being a bit fussy. There was no mention of a pitch inspection on the RPV website beforehand.

Blimey Andy, I feel bad for putting the game on the forum now - pitch inspection?  Quite the opposite over the day, social media was assuring people the game was very much on.  Indeed as I left there were quite a few people going the other way none the wiser.  Looking at it, at 19:01 I’d have been between Earlsfield and Wimbledon on the way there - I ended up getting exactly the same train back on its return leg from Chessington South.  Great evening. 

Never rains (or Raynes even)…….

29/3/2023 3:30 pm  #7

The game has now been re-scheduled for tomorrow

29/3/2023 4:27 pm  #8

Stan Churchillmann wrote:

Cheers Stan, RPV or the management evening at IF……spoilt for choice!

30/3/2023 8:57 am  #9

BernieTheBolt wrote:

Why waste your time at a farce meeting at IF, when you can go to  real Football Club

30/3/2023 7:47 pm  #10

Mikem wrote:

BernieTheBolt wrote:

Why waste your time at a farce meeting at IF, when you can go to  real Football Club

I didn’t have the chance for either Mike - the wife sprung a surprise GP appointment on me then said I’d have to make the kids food and pick them up.  From my neck of the woods it made either option game over

30/3/2023 9:19 pm  #11

Raynes Park Vale won seven nil tonight

Board footera