“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/3/2023 12:54 pm  #1

Dulwich Hamlet

Just seen a list of the top non league crowds this season. Dulwich Hamlet feature heavily with average crowds over 3 thousand, frequently selling out with hundreds left outside.

Not so long ago we were playing them regularly in the league and they had worse crowds than us. No complaints from them about Covid, the ground being too big or the electricity bill. They had faith and vision and made it work.

28/3/2023 1:37 pm  #2

Re: Dulwich Hamlet

You forgot to mention that Dulwich Hamlet is a football club you silly sausage. 

We are a community project: nothing to do with football.  Totally different!

28/3/2023 2:00 pm  #3

Unfortunatly Andy we have an owner with no faith and certainly no vision

28/3/2023 2:59 pm  #4

As we all know, the damage that has been done to this once great club is immense and repairing and rehabilitating  back to some sense of pride and decent standard may take many years or in fact may never be achieved as we would want it !

02/4/2023 9:09 pm  #5

I have been several times to  the Dulwokes ground, it is surrounded by Islington on sea pleasure homes and a majority of fans are not watching the game, they are there for a day out for woke people. However, the healthy gates keep the club alive with of course political backing. At least they have a decent football team although struggling at this time, while Tooting have a handful of fans and no football team, a useless owner, a cretin who leads the Members club, a   bumbling waffling acting chairman of football who knows nothing about the game, and a unbackable worse than useless management team.

I think the Dulwokes win hands down!  

02/4/2023 9:43 pm  #6

Mikem wrote:

I have been several times to  the Dulwokes ground, it is surrounded by Islington on sea pleasure homes and a majority of fans are not watching the game, they are there for a day out for woke people.  

I have to admit I’ve seen and heard numerous times that the old DHFC fans don’t like the newer faces on the terraces but put up with it because of the increased revenue.  I have to admit I always liked T&M because of that, despite what’s gone on the fan base is fundamentally a down to earth one.  Fits in with my ‘Saint & Greavesie, pint of bitter/meat pie, it was better with Thames telly/Network SouthEast’ sort of outlook.  Despite not having the crowds I’d rather that than getting yuppiefied.

I would like a decent level of support and a management team to take it seriously however, guess (especially in these very odd modern times) you can’t have it both ways…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (02/4/2023 9:45 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

03/4/2023 8:42 am  #7

Couldn't agree more with you Bernie. But Tooting have declined almost to  the point of no return. They only have a team which operates on fenced off parks and belong to pathetic standard of football,, and have almost become a junior team at grassroots level. Long term fans have left in their droves never to return! To  say the football team has been demolished is an understatement. 

After all this was going to  be the finest team in non-league football, but is not even the finest team in non-league level in Merton! 

THE TEAM WHICH WAS BUILT TO  FAIL SINCE 2000

Board footera