“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/4/2023 6:57 pm  #1

Chertsey v Toots

It doesn’t look good, but you never know...

07/4/2023 8:51 pm  #2

Re: Chertsey v Toots

evthedog wrote:

Well, they sacked their manager the other day so indeed, you never know

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

08/4/2023 11:15 am  #3

We support in hope !!!

08/4/2023 11:45 am  #4

BernieTheBolt wrote:

Well, they sacked their manager the other day so indeed, you never know

It’s how the other half live.  They’re seventh in the table and sack the manager, we’re rock bottom and according to the club things at IF are all chugging along normally….you couldn’t make it up

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (08/4/2023 11:45 am)

08/4/2023 2:33 pm  #5

evthedog wrote:

Well, 0-1 at 32 mins : 0
1-1 at 56
2-1 at 68

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (08/4/2023 3:28 pm)

08/4/2023 4:21 pm  #6

Oh Rubbish. Ashford now out of reach.

08/4/2023 4:55 pm  #7

So it was a game of two halves

08/4/2023 6:33 pm  #8

We didn't do too bad first half. Playing Elias up front (Yep - forward situation is that bad..). Our goal came from a mistake but Gordon had a great first half and held things together. Keeper looked off par today. Second half we were as abysmal as every other game in recent times. Anuar who put in a good shift looked livid at being subbed whilst Lopes (who did less than nothing) was kept on. Dan Purdue said he is moving on. I wouldn't be surprised if Anwar says "bollerks" to it too. One win since Andy Hunt came in (he was on holiday then) and a whole tranche of senior players departed. Any bets on a circus ringmaster being made Director of Football before long?

08/4/2023 6:57 pm  #9

How can Ashley Bosah have the nerve to even show his face at Imperial Fields?

The man is a total disgrace to the name of Tooting and Mitcham United.

08/4/2023 7:27 pm  #10

Ev - Beginning to think Hunt is as bad. Or worse. The way he speaks to players is nasty and unprofessional. The way he plays his favourites (Lopes etc) and subs others playing much better. Brings in a load of dross from a bottom of the league team who can't get in their own team to another bottom of the league team. Tactically inept. Inability to find a centre forward. Not saying Ashley is much or any better but Hunt is certainly looking as bad.

08/4/2023 7:30 pm  #11

Unfortunatly Ashley Bosah has the backbone of a feckin jellyfish i would love to tell the geezer face to face that hes a cowardly W..... and weve already got the the circus ringmaster otherwise known as the acting chairman tony knob end useless cox

08/4/2023 11:49 pm  #12

Andy P wrote:

Ev - Beginning to think Hunt is as bad. Or worse. The way he speaks to players is nasty and unprofessional. The way he plays his favourites (Lopes etc) and subs others playing much better. Brings in a load of dross from a bottom of the league team who can't get in their own team to another bottom of the league team. Tactically inept. Inability to find a centre forward. Not saying Ashley is much or any better but Hunt is certainly looking as bad.

Agree 100%.  The talk in the pub earlier was indeed how Andy Hunt’s career talking  points seem to be the 10-0 defeat at Godalming and how he took a step 4 team to relegation - and how his network seems to be cast offs from teams either at our level or below.  It all seems to point towards the bargain basement narrative that’s ruined our club and really what we’ve come to expect.

This management approach really doesn’t work.  It needs to be changed, along with the way players are resourced.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (09/4/2023 8:17 am)

09/4/2023 7:48 am  #13

Andy P and Bernie the Bolt at firsti was prepered to see how it worked out with Andy Hunt but as you both say it lookes like he is in the same mould as Bosah ( clueless ) i havent seen how its worked out as i hvent been because i refuse to give any of my money to go in the pocket of our completely useless non owner but it just seems to me like since Hunt has arrived all that seems to have happened is that the young wannabees that Bosah recruited have just been replaced by a load of rubbish wannabees from Hartley Whitney who look like they will be relegated as well as Tooting WHAT A CV THESE TWO JOKERS WILL HAVE BETWEEN THEM NOW ( TWO RELEGATED TEAMS )

09/4/2023 7:57 am  #14

You never know, but I think we all knew, that we were never going to get anything out of this game. An even first half with little to keep the goalkeepers busy except for a well taken Tooting goal which had everyone looking to the linesman for a flag that thankfully stayed down. It was never going to be enough though, and as the second half went on we retreated back towards our goal and as soon as they equalised it was inevitable that we conceded another soon after, we didn't look like we had the ability or belief that we could get back into it.
A good ground, 400 plus gate, good community feel to the game. Everything that Tooting used to have but have no more.

09/4/2023 10:18 am  #15

Gary Sprake could've been in goal for Chertsey in the 2nd half and we still wouldn't have scored. No lack of effort, they all seem to be trying hard but we've got zero quality. Oh for a Chace O'Neill. Quincy Rowe played for Chertsey yesterday and was serenaded by the Bog End at the final whistle with a rousing "Come on without, come on within, you've not seen nothing like the mighty Quin...Cy." Very impressed with Chertsey's ground and it was nice to bump into Plumpton and Fretters for the first time in ages. Mark Hams was in attendance too, f*ck knows what he would've made of it all. Despite it being a glorious sunny day and a relatively easy journey our following numbered 20 tops, a sign of things to come me thinks.

09/4/2023 10:26 am  #16

Meanwhile, I was watching Godalming Town, whose fans found it both astonishing and hilarious that we've ended up with Andy P. the 0-10 at Carshalton was much mentioned.

09/4/2023 10:50 am  #17

Well, Gary and I will haul our sorry arses to the Leatherhead game for what will probably be the big farewell to Tooting and Mitcham before it drops into oblivion.

09/4/2023 11:08 am  #18

Back in the day the clashes against Leatherhead at Sandy Lane were to be savoured !!!!

09/4/2023 11:39 am  #19

Don't despair Ev, we can still hope for divine intervention (except there's no such thing as God, so we're bollocksed). There are a few people I could mention who wil be saying " I f***ing told you so " and they're absolutely right, 100%. I'm as guilty as the next man, i buried my head in the sand and watched it all unravel hoping things would change. We're going down with a whimper, not so much as an ' Adkins Out ' sprayed on a bedsheet. How did it all come to this ? 

Ian Bullock, Jim Spivey, Alan, Phil & Becca Garrard, Dave Irons, Emil Harkness, Tim Megone, Steve & Anthony Harrold, the Collings brothers, Roy Sisley, Tim Marcus, Mark Fretwell, Mitchell Roots, Andy Mc, Plumpton, Statto, Brian Munt, Geoff Gatt, Lee the Mod, Italian John, Adam, Bill Hill, Paul Piggott, Alan Richards, Graham Newsome, Tony, Bondy, Dee Pee, Gary Walker, Don Cummings, Fat Harry, Sam Conquest, Glen & Michelle, Me, Matt the plumber and the 100's more who've loved Tooting & Mitcham....' YOU DON'T F*CKING DESERVE THIS '

There, I've said it.

09/4/2023 12:03 pm  #20

Boggy i can just hear the words dear Joey James would be shouting now and they wouldant be pretty

09/4/2023 12:12 pm  #21

You're dead right Danny, there would be an expletive or three !!!

09/4/2023 3:25 pm  #22

The people in charge do not care about any of us who pay, or have paid, for years to watch the team play.

09/4/2023 4:06 pm  #23

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Don't despair Ev, we can still hope for divine intervention (except there's no such thing as God, so we're bollocksed). There are a few people I could mention who wil be saying " I f***ing told you so " and they're absolutely right, 100%. I'm as guilty as the next man, i buried my head in the sand and watched it all unravel hoping things would change. We're going down with a whimper, not so much as an ' Adkins Out ' sprayed on a bedsheet. How did it all come to this ? 

Ian Bullock, Jim Spivey, Alan, Phil & Becca Garrard, Dave Irons, Emil Harkness, Tim Megone, Steve & Anthony Harrold, the Collings brothers, Roy Sisley, Tim Marcus, Mark Fretwell, Mitchell Roots, Andy Mc, Plumpton, Statto, Brian Munt, Geoff Gatt, Lee the Mod, Italian John, Adam, Bill Hill, Paul Piggott, Alan Richards, Graham Newsome, Tony, Bondy, Dee Pee, Gary Walker, Don Cummings, Fat Harry, Sam Conquest, Glen & Michelle, Me, Matt the plumber and the 100's more who've loved Tooting & Mitcham....' YOU DON'T F*CKING DESERVE THIS '

There, I've said it.

It’s bloody sad Boggie.  Agree with all of that, so many dedicated and loyal people both in recent times and over the 90 years of the club being around.  It’s all amounted to a massive kick in the teeth.  What the fans have seen from the club is a huge insult and it’ll never be possible to put this time behind us.  Even if the club has better times and things get back on track, this 2022/23 season is a huge stain on the club and won’t be forgotten. 

For a lot of people I think it took a long time for the clubs intentions to come out as for a long time many fans wouldn’t have believed this club could do this - despite the warnings. Over time changes at the club made it more and more apparent and now we’re in the situation we’re in.  What this club has done to its fans is absolutely terrible, you can’t odds it.  The lowest point since 1932, that takes some beating.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (09/4/2023 4:07 pm)

Board footera