“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/4/2023 6:30 am  #1

Toots v Leatherhead

Does anyone wish to offer an opinion?

Does anyone care?

It will be my first home game since the 8th February 2020 against Chertsey which we lost 1-2.

It’ll be grim farewell as we dive headlong into oblivion.

14/4/2023 8:15 am  #2

Re: Toots v Leatherhead

Ummmm...it will be good to see Hayden Bird? A quality manager.

Wondering how many more Tooting players will have done the off. Guessing Hudson and Lyle have gone too.

The weekly team update on FB dried up again after two weeks.

Leatherhead won't make the playoffs, so pretty much a nothing game.

14/4/2023 9:07 am  #3

There is zero news on the official webste either Andy.  It is yet another dsgrace considering what happened on Monday.  It sums up what the club thinks about its supporters.

14/4/2023 10:07 am  #4

Hi Eve,
This match is a tribute for the apologists, and having the fans noses rubbed in the pitch, and taking the p--s out of the naïve volunteers,   

14/4/2023 10:52 am  #5

No Mike!

The match will be the launchpad the club’s glorious new beginning as a minor force in Step 5 football.

Imperial Fields will have a party atmosphere this Saturday with  the entertainment provided Adkins, Woolley, Cox, Shaw, Bosah and Hunt leading the celebration dressed as clowns in a car that falls apart before it reaches the centre circle!

There’s going to be flat lemonade, past the sell-by-date pasties and jelly that doesn’t wibble or wobble!

Come along and join the party!

14/4/2023 11:46 am  #6

You've convinced me Ev

14/4/2023 1:40 pm  #7

I'll be there tomorrow, but in truth it's more to do with meeting up with a couple of mates as opposed to a fun filled day out.

Totally avoidable.. and yet like the last relegation, we made it look easy.

14/4/2023 7:21 pm  #8

Mikem wrote:

You've convinced me Ev

Mike, just remember the Russ Abbott song:  An atmosphere, I love a party with an happy atmosphere...

14/4/2023 11:31 pm  #9

Hackbridge Harry wrote:

I'll be there tomorrow, but in truth it's more to do with meeting up with a couple of mates as opposed to a fun filled day out.

Totally avoidable.. and yet like the last relegation, we made it look easy.

I can’t make tomorrow but I’ll be there at the last Isthmian game on Tuesday.  I can’t say I’m looking forward to it and the thought of this makes me feel quite empty really (which does no credit to the good characters at T&M - I’m sorry), however as a nod to the good times and the history of the club it’s a day I can make so I feel bound to attend. 

I don’t really want to give Adkins £10 but at the same time I feel I should pay my respects, as it really does feel like RIP to a once great club, in fact I would go as far as saying an institution in non-league circles

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

15/4/2023 5:35 pm  #10

What a 💩 shower.  A clueless team led by clueless managers.  No game plan whatsoever. 

208 poor sods watched this, a third or more we Leatherhead supporters by my reckoning.  At least there was a couple of anti Adkins banners on display.

15/4/2023 5:43 pm  #11

Actually thought we played a lot better today than we have for a long time. Hutchings and Reese and Anuar and Charles all had, IMHO, a decent game. For the want of a forward we were certainly worth a draw (beaten by a very decent finish) and with a threat up front I actually think we'd have been in with a chance. Leatherhead certainly weren't much for a just off the playoffs team.

Shame it's all far too late.

15/4/2023 5:45 pm  #12

Aint had a forward/goal scorer since Dan Williams

15/4/2023 6:11 pm  #13

daniel collins wrote:

Aint had a forward/goal scorer since Dan Williams

Absolutely. Hudson and Manu weren't even close. Elias tried really hard again today and put in a load of effort but he's a wing back...not a goalscorer.

We knew we needed a goalscorer when Dan left. Shame the management didn't...

16/4/2023 7:56 am  #14

Leaving the club politics out of it; not one single player yesterday would have even have made the bench in any of Billy or Frank's promotion teams, and would have been very lucky to have done so with all of the managers in between.

16/4/2023 8:15 am  #15

It is even more gutting to hear of Toots loss yesterday when we think back of the rivalry against Leatherhead in the past! It obviously doesn’t seem to matter to those in charge !!

16/4/2023 11:39 am  #16

Not a bad performance by us yesterday. Anuar the pick of the bunch for me. But for an excellent game by their very impressive, tall, fast, number 5 we might have got something out of the game. We haven't had a decent striker for the whole time Bosah has been in charge, our goalscoring record over the last few years has been abysmal. Good to see some anti Adkins protest at last, falling on deaf ears though.

Board footera