“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/4/2023 10:30 am  #26

Re: A really Historic day for the Football Team - It finally died

Keith Boanas our old manager tweeted that so sad whats happened to Tooting his words were 
THIS NEEDANT HAVE HAPPENED AND WAS TOTALLY AVOIDABLE THE CLUB NEEDS NEW OWNERS SOMEONE WITH FOOTBALL AT HEART. Here Here Keith unfortunatly who in their right mind would want to pay what that greedy grasping fat git would want.
I have heard that Adkins has turned down numerous offers for the facility including one from the far east if you can believe that one.
Keith Boanas for anyone that doesant know was one of the best managers this club has ever had and back in the day at sandy lane led us to winning the old 2nd division title and if anyone remembers what a team of battlers he had that team he had then would have pissed this division no problem.

12/4/2023 11:03 am  #27

I had a gander at the official T&M site earlier this morning and found nothing regarding the humiliation of going down to step 5.

Evidently it is not deemed as news.

12/4/2023 11:50 am  #28

Nick Shaw says that Adkins is turning down offers for the club every other week but he won,t just sell to anybody, oh no, he would want any potential buyer to have the club's future at heart and carry on the legacy that he has been building up over the years.
Believe that if you want.

And if the Golden Goals is bent we really are doomed.

12/4/2023 2:13 pm  #29

Still nothing on the "official" FB and Twitter pages from the club.

Shame and embarrassment one hopes.

Surely they should be saying something to the fans (even if it's the usual meaningless dross of "we go again")?

12/4/2023 2:36 pm  #30

On the legacy thing i remember quite well when i was a member of the members Steve Adkins standing there and saying he wanted to leave a legacy-------Well youve certainly managed that one Stevie boy And what a legacy!!!!
Not that he will give a rats arse but word gets around and your name will stink to high heaven now in non league circles MR FAT BOY SCRUFFY

12/4/2023 6:18 pm  #31

Blimey.  Even the consensus on the Dulwich fans site is generally sadness and disbelief.  But then again they know little or nothing about the setup here at the “Thugs & Muggers”.

Will we ever play Dulwich again?  I hadn’t thought about that.

12/4/2023 6:25 pm  #32

evthedog wrote:

Blimey.  Even the consensus on the Dulwich fans site is generally sadness and disbelief.  But then again they know little or nothing about the setup here at the “Thugs & Muggers”.

Will we ever play Dulwich again?  I hadn’t thought about that.

Possibly - there’s a chance they could go down too and end up back in the Isthmian, that’s still two divisions above us though : /

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

12/4/2023 6:32 pm  #33

The difference is Bernie as you say.  They are in a division playing real football against real teams.

Also they are fighting hard to stay there and good luck to them.

12/4/2023 7:40 pm  #34

The golden goal situation has been sorted and the lad who should've won the money has got it now

Fair play to the club for sorting the situation out

13/4/2023 8:06 am  #35

Bogend Ant wrote:

The golden goal situation has been sorted and the lad who should've won the money has got it now

Fair play to the club for sorting the situation out

That’s good and I’m pleased for the young chap, appreciate the post : )

14/4/2023 12:14 pm  #36

There is a photo on one of the social media websites of Hackbridge Harry sitting on a tractor wearing his Black and White scarf. As T&M are now a junior team and will be travelling to farm and park teams next season, theywill be hauled by luxury tractor and trailer driven by HH. Why don’t the team give the dross level 5 a miss, and join the Wimbledon and district league! I can’t believe volunteers are giving their services after having been taking up the proverbial “Garden Path, what gluttons for self-inflicted punishment.

14/4/2023 1:30 pm  #37

Mikem..... They can drive their own poxy tractor.... 

14/4/2023 1:45 pm  #38

HH ........

15/4/2023 4:45 pm  #39

I cannot believe how they are carrying on at Imperial Fields as if nothing has happened!!!!!!!!!!! 67 years in the Isthmian league what a load of clowns, the dumbheads cannot have any respect, it is probably easier to  stay in the South Central League than get relegated!  Shut the team down to  avoid any further embarrassment. A once giant of a non league club run by a  bunch of chancers and idiots!.  

16/4/2023 11:12 am  #40

The Sewerage fat ball, The Hypocritical (nothing to  do with me ) Woolley Bulley, and the chairman of Football (who knows absolutely nothing about  Football) along with the disgraced management team have no idea what damage they have done to  this once great community club.........or do they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

“The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol) They have obliterated the team. What an embarrassment.

Last edited by Mikem (16/4/2023 11:13 am)

24/4/2023 10:32 am  #41

Well, the ashes were laid to rest at Uxbridge Saturday, a 4-0 victory in a match that meant nothing, more like an exhibition game with both teams as bad as each other in this dreadful league, and absolutely nothing to play for! The enormity of this disastrous relegation has not really sunk in yet, and all the play-offs this week at level 4 and 5 will decide which what junior football league T&M will be allocated next season?  When text season eventually arrives, then reality will sink in!

As someone stated “It’s been a slow death,” which could have been easily been avoided, but for the agenda of the fat controller which never included the Football team.

25/4/2023 11:20 pm  #42

I had an eye opening experience this evening.  Another T&M fan suggested going to Dulwich Hamlet in the hope of seeing Concord Rangers take three points from them.  Now I would never normally go anywhere near DHFC but looking at the bottom end of the Conference South table thought it could be interesting. 

I lasted until half time as I couldn’t take any more.  I suggested we bailed and gave the other Bog End member half his ticket cost back as I felt guilty.  The visit was so strange, despite a crowd of 2200 there was no atmosphere at all, and everyone seemed to be of the more modern gentrification background, there was more interest in taking selfies and trying trendy beer as opposed to the game.  There was no changing ends and no decent crowd behind the goal, I didn’t even spot any Concord fans as DHFC were behind both goals, as one T&M old timer would describe as engaging in ‘polite conversation’. 

At the minute it doesn’t matter anyway with the current owner, we could have gates of 1000, 2000, whatever but he’d just put that in his pocket and not spend it on the team anyway - but - the eye opener tonight was despite wherever we end up, we have proper fans and a proper following.  I’d quite happily forfeit big attendances and keep a club with its down to earth fanbase like we’ve got.  I’d rather be in step 5 and be involved with proper, salt of the earth people than what I saw earlier.

With this in mind there’s always hope, the Bog End crowd are a decent lot, despite what’s going on at the club.

26/4/2023 9:07 am  #43

It was the same when we played them at Champions Hill way back when we were in the premiership.  We scored first with every Tooting fan erupting, but the two Dulwich goals seemed to be only celebrated by the old hardcore fans.

Gary and I both noticed that a lot of the fans were not even watching the game and this, perhaps, is the character of the “new” supporter.

It is not something that I like, but I would much rather be playing Conference South teams than the rubbish down here underneath the bottom of the barrel.

Board footera