“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/5/2023 9:58 am  #1

07/5/2023 10:55 am  #2

Re: 2 years later:

More cobblers from the club. He takes pride in what he's done? Recently married and wants to spend more time with his family? Nothing about being the worst manager the club has ever had. And still staying on to oversee and advance the ' football plan'.
Glad he's gone but not happy he will have a role at the club.

07/5/2023 11:11 am  #3

Is this a joke ? Am I dreaming? Ashley is really leaving as first team manager?
Honestly the best news any Tooting fan can dream of.
I normally thank our managers for his services but that would be disingenuous.
I wonder who has the gig? For once I am actually excited with caution about Tooting.
Today is a great day so far !

07/5/2023 11:28 am  #4

Actually Gary, the second best news.  The best news would be Adkins going.  Nevertheless, Ashley moving on is a SMALL step forward after 500 steps back under his leadership of the first team.

What next?  Adkins announcing proper funding of the first team?

07/5/2023 11:38 am  #5

Got a good feeling Ev my boy. Maybe Steve Adkins is really hurting and has some fire in his belly to get us back up.
Attack Attack Attack !
Oh ,I need a lay down now. I am not used to being positive regarding Tooting.

07/5/2023 12:22 pm  #6

I don’t think so Gary.  If he did he would have a complete clear out of the coaching staff showing Bosah the door and getting rid of people like Cox.

My guess is he will just do enough to con the gullible as usual.

07/5/2023 1:13 pm  #7

It really depends Ev on how he is used within the organisation. If he is managed properly and is given a brief to supply the club with contracted youth players that might be good enough for first team football or to sell and not give away to pro clubs than there isn't many better than him. Talking to people at the FA and at other clubs he has built a solid reputation for developing kids at football.  He is rated very highly.
My concern is or was his motivation to become first team manager and I am worrying still for the club what his motivation is for staying at the club now.
I think I have probably said enough on a open forum.

Last edited by Gary Walker (07/5/2023 1:13 pm)

07/5/2023 1:42 pm  #8

Only just seen the good news about bosah except there is bad news as well.
Bosah resigning is very good news but he will still have a hand on the wheel as technical director.
Can any of us imagine a experienced well connected new manager coming in and having bosah breathing down your neck,(NO ) any self respecting manager at the level we are now will take one look and think no way not with that idiot breathing down my neck.
Adkins if he was really sorry for where we now find ourselves should have got rid of the whole lot of the completely useless management team i just think it will be just more of the same.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/5/2023 7:29 pm  #9

Gary Walker wrote:

It really depends Ev on how he is used within the organisation. If he is managed properly and is given a brief to supply the club with contracted youth players that might be good enough for first team football or to sell and not give away to pro clubs than there isn't many better than him. Talking to people at the FA and at other clubs he has built a solid reputation for developing kids at football.  He is rated very highly.
My concern is or was his motivation to become first team manager and I am worrying still for the club what his motivation is for staying at the club now.

I’m sorry Gary, but he has to go. He cannot have any influence in the clubs direction.  He has no idea of what is needed in a first team.  I don’t care how good he is with developing youth, he has no place in the clubs first team.

07/5/2023 9:51 pm  #10

He was always out of his depth.  Reminds me of Boris Johnson going from "Have I got news for you?" to being Prime Minister!

07/5/2023 10:17 pm  #11

evthedog wrote:

Gary Walker wrote:

I’m sorry Gary, but he has to go. He cannot have any influence in the clubs direction.  He has no idea of what is needed in a first team.  I don’t care how good he is with developing youth, he has no place in the clubs first team.

Oh no Ev I agree. We need an experienced manager who is in total control of the first team and should not be forced to play any player. Maybe it would take too much work to bring someone else in to run the whole youth set up.
I agree with Dan, Ashley has no say on first team matters. Or we will fail again.

Last edited by Gary Walker (07/5/2023 10:21 pm)

Board footera