“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/5/2023 6:19 am  #1

Whats the difference (question from Dave Irons )

Forum message. First of all can someone explain to me via this forum the difference between the terms "Director of Football " and "Technical Director " apart from being spelt differently as i see it Ashley will still be overseeing football matters so will we be better off, i  myself doubt it unless we get an experienced man in or at least someone that knows players capable of getting us out of whatever 2 bob league we get stuffed into.
Darryl Coleman springs to mind ,well liked by the fans,and well known in non league circles.
what we musnt do is go for the cheap option that just does what hes told.
Realisticly the club needs a proper clear out from top to bottom or we could easily find ourselves in the same situation this time next year.
This is a results business and our results over the last 2 seasons say it all.

08/5/2023 9:18 am  #2

Re: Whats the difference (question from Dave Irons )

I can’t see any “experienced” manager coming in unless they have full authority over first team matters.

08/5/2023 9:55 am  #3

I doubt there will be a shortage of candidates who think they can do a job as manager at T&M. Getting the right man for the job is another matter. Most experienced managers won't touch our club with a bargepole with Adkins here, and with Bosah still in the background implementing the 'football plan', I fear all we are going to get is a young inexperienced coach who just wants to get on the managerial ladder and will agree to anything that Adkins tells him.
If Daryl Coleman has any managerial ambitions, he's better off starting somewhere else.

08/5/2023 10:00 am  #4

I agree with you Andy.

Can you imagine, say, Hayden Bird rocking up to Adkins’ office and being told that his decisions would have to be run by Ashley first?  I doubt very much that the interview would go any further.

08/5/2023 12:16 pm  #5

I was hoping it would mean that Ashley would over see the youth football and a new manager would be in total control of the first team.
As normal with this club you don't get told the full picture and have to guess. Anyone would think that the club is run by the top secret services. Pathetic really.
Reading your comments has made me worried. Ashley has failed miserably running the first team and for me should feel very lucky to be staying.

Chris W where are you ? Have you stepped down yet?

08/5/2023 1:03 pm  #6

Gary Walker wrote:

Chris W where are you ? Have you stepped down yet?

Gary, there is more chance of an Elvis comeback than Woolley emerging from his shelter.

09/5/2023 11:52 am  #7

THIS IS AN ASSUMPTION ON THE CHAOTIC FOOTBALL STRUCTURE
Firstly, Dave Irons has forgotten to mention the chairman of Football which complicates the response to his question even more. Due to the abnormal structure and imposed methods at Imperial Fields it’s impossible to give a coherent answer.

So, Tooting who are now a junior football team and not run by a volunteer committee like other clubs at our level and higher, but a person who owns the holding company for the Football Team. This scenario exacerbates the situation at Tooting as the owner has never taken any interest (and we know why) in the football team, only to use the legacy money to his own ends and means and obtaining grants for academy and Yuf football.

The Chairman of Football
Tony Cox, whom I assume runs the show, and appointed by Adkins, does not have a clue about football, and is a complete buffoon and imbecile and is largely responsible under the guidance of Adkins, for the disaster of the team’s demise to junior football! I will stop here on this subject.!

Director of Football
I assume Cox holds this position with input from Bosah and Adkins on the direction the teams under the T&M banner, again the focus on Yuf football with all it’s benefits for the owner!

Technical Director
I assume this a person who directs how the team will play. This counts out Cox has he knows squat all about football! This just leaves Bosah and look at where we are today!.

Can anyone else can give an explanation???????

Board footera