“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/5/2023 8:57 am  #1

Welcome Back Jamie..

Good luck Mr Byatt

12/5/2023 9:20 am  #2

Re: Welcome Back Jamie..

Yes, indeed, welcome back to the mad house you need every piece of luck going. This only leaves Cox, shaw, Woolley, and the fat controller to  go now, and maybe there is a chance of becoming a proper football club again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/5/2023 9:32 am  #3

Great to see the great man coming back.  His managerial experience is very limited though, just a few months as player manager at Epsom, so I'll be watching who he picks as his backing singers with considerable interest.  Looks like a return to IF is on the cards for me :-)

12/5/2023 9:43 am  #4

FIRST THINGS FIRST. WELCOME HOME JAMIE!
Not the experienced manager we was hoping for... but.. A man we can all get behind. I love Jamie and his grandad would be so proud of this moment in his football career. A little bit of a Frank Lampard moment. If he fails than nobody would get on his back because it's our Jamie. If he does have success in getting us promoted it will go forward in rebuilding the fan base and the owners.
I think it is very important who Jamie has as a number 2. Jamie will have a large contact list for senior players at this level so if given the right funds we should have a decent season.
Good luck Jamie mate. Let's go and win the league ! Put your boots on too please !

12/5/2023 9:43 am  #5

As much as I admire Jamie, his appointment makes little difference unless the whole ethos of the club from the top down changes.

A good start would be an announcement from the club stating that Ashley has absolutely NO say in the running and direction of the first team.

12/5/2023 11:43 am  #6

Wecome back Jamie i wish you the very best of luck a local lad and always well liked at the club just hope the powers that be let you get on with it without any interference.

12/5/2023 12:53 pm  #7

DaveM wrote:

Good luck Mr Byatt

Definitely, was a nice surprise to see this - though for some reason when I saw the thread title my first thought was it would be Jamie Martin : 0

JB’s a great character at IF and I wonder if the ‘I predict a Byatt’ gets reused next season.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

13/5/2023 9:46 am  #8

Well that was a big moment when I found out yesterday. Jamie is my favorite ever Tooting player, talented on the pitch, dedicated to the sport and a great attitude that rubs off on players around him. We were never going to get an experienced manager at T&M, this is a clever move from Adkins, another, presumably, low cost option with the added attraction of Jamie being a much loved character at Imperial Fields and  will get the fans onside straight away.
As usual, more questions that need answers, has he got a decent budget? Can he bring in his own staff and players? Will he have youth players forced on him? Can he run the team without Adkins and Bosah interference? I hope Jamie has assurances that he can go about his job his own way otherwise we will be no further ahead. Overall a positive move that gives fans optimism for the future, something that we haven't had much of for a long time.

13/5/2023 11:02 am  #9

Andy Mc wrote:

Well that was a big moment when I found out yesterday. Jamie is my favorite ever Tooting player, talented on the pitch, dedicated to the sport and a great attitude that rubs off on players around him. We were never going to get an experienced manager at T&M, this is a clever move from Adkins, another, presumably, low cost option with the added attraction of Jamie being a much loved character at Imperial Fields and  will get the fans onside straight away.
As usual, more questions that need answers, has he got a decent budget? Can he bring in his own staff and players? Will he have youth players forced on him? Can he run the team without Adkins and Bosah interference? I hope Jamie has assurances that he can go about his job his own way otherwise we will be no further ahead. Overall a positive move that gives fans optimism for the future, something that we haven't had much of for a long time.

I agree, a sobering post Andy. You are right to ask these questions. I think having youth players forced on him and budget is key next season. 
Nick Riley chairman of Abbey Rangers was telling me that he played a side recently who beat them. The oppo manager said to him don't be too hard on your players. You are given them a bollocking and taken subscription money,  we are handing out money to our players.  There is plenty of teams with a £2000 a week budget. Can we match them? Reputation will go against us next season with every single game being a cup final. High intensity will also be important.
No interference from Ashley is also vital.

Last edited by Gary Walker (13/5/2023 11:31 am)

13/5/2023 12:33 pm  #10

It’s all irrelevant.  Sadly, football is about money today.  For us to get back to step 4 and, hopefully, beyond will require a total reversal in the way that the club is run.  I am not holding my breath waiting for Adkins to put the first team at the forefront of what goes on at his Imperial Fields empire.

13/5/2023 4:52 pm  #11

Absolutly agree Ev unfortunatly it is money that has the greatest bearing on how well you do as a team of course team spirit and togetherness also count but it is mainly money and i have big doubts that adkins will provide a decent budget.

14/5/2023 9:24 am  #12

Absolutely right Dan.

The biggest budget in the league with a squad that does not perform as a team is worthless.  Decent funding and a good team spirit will take a team far.

14/5/2023 10:55 am  #13

It would be nice to see some players that love the club return. Like Simmo,Day, Clarke, Shaw,Coleman, Omari to name a few.

Never thought I would be saying... Jamie Byatt's black and white Army!

Come on Jamie you got this !

14/5/2023 11:27 am  #14

Sadly Gary, until I see an about-face from Adkins regarding the way that the first team is run, he will not see a single penny my money at the turnstile.

14/5/2023 1:22 pm  #15

evthedog wrote:

Sadly Gary, until I see an about-face from Adkins regarding the way that the first team is run, he will not see a single penny my money at the turnstile.

That's a shame Ev. I miss us watching football together.  I am going to start going to home matches to support Jamie and the club. A good home support might make a massive difference next season.  If they just play the kids I know my patience won't last long and I will be back over the allotment.
Preseason will be a good indication where we are going with this.

Last edited by Gary Walker (14/5/2023 1:25 pm)

Board footera