“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/5/2023 5:34 pm  #1

non league paper article

How many people saw sundays non league paper concerning Mikael Antonio who said he would like to come back to tooting when he has finished his playing career and he in fact also said he would like with other parties to buy into Tooting and in his words return to his roots.
How fantastic that would be if that happens an owner like him instead of what we have at the moment cant wait !!!!!!!

23/5/2023 2:30 pm  #2

Re: non league paper article

Dan, he probably does not know how Imperial Fields is setup.

23/5/2023 7:11 pm  #3

Dont think that matters ev if he decides to invest with like minded people the present set up wont bother him or indeed put him off you have to remember adkins is now looking at a decreasing investment that he has at imperial fields ie a bar hardly anyone uses anymore,gym not open anymore,soft play area not open anymore,
relegation = less punters through the gate,reduced season ticket sales,need i go on ? in fact i would say that a decent offer from some kind of consortium Adkins would in my opinion seriously consider it after all he is money orientated isnt he.

24/5/2023 1:43 pm  #4

Hi Danny, I did send a message to antonio a few weeks ago regarding the state of the club. I did ask him if could buy the club or set up a consortium to save the club from going into oblivion.

24/5/2023 4:10 pm  #5

Hi Geoff how are you mate,and yes Dave Irons did tell me you had written him a letter to that effect,did you read the non league article from last sunday,antonio was quite specific and said when he finished playing he wanted in his words to go back to his roots and with others invest in tooting but quite how much adkins would want for the whole shooting match is open to question but as i said in an earlier post adkins will now have a very much reduced income and i think he would have to think carefully about serious offers .
When he talk about other people being involved i know he is involved with Clinton Morrison in the academy they run so Morrison could be one of those other people that he talks about.
Well done for writing to him in the first place perhaps that kick started him thinking about buying in.
I know you havent been well Geoff i can only hope your not too bad now please let me know i do miss our little chats. Take care Geoff.

24/5/2023 4:14 pm  #6

daniel collins wrote:

Hi Geoff how are you mate,and yes Dave Irons did tell me you had written him a letter to that effect,did you read the non league article from last sunday,antonio was quite specific and said when he finished playing he wanted in his words to go back to his roots and with others invest in tooting but quite how much adkins would want for the whole shooting match is open to question but as i said in an earlier post adkins will now have a very much reduced income and i think he would have to think carefully about serious offers .
When he talk about other people being involved i know he is involved with Clinton Morrison in the academy they run so Morrison could be one of those other people that he talks about.
Well done for writing to him in the first place perhaps that kick started him thinking about buying in.
I know you havent been well Geoff i can only hope your not too bad now please let me know i do miss our little chats. Take care Geoff.

Thanks for posting what was in the article and what’s been going on.  Can you imagine if MA was involved with the club?  It would get so much life back into T&M.  Just his name alone would draw new people in and a new team at the helm would get so many fans back.  Can live in hope……

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

24/5/2023 4:23 pm  #7

Bernie carry on hoping i think it might just happen

24/5/2023 6:00 pm  #8

Hi again Danny, unless a miracle happens I am housebound with pulmonary fibrosis. A bit of my lungs are scarred not through smoking because apparently I got an infection (pneumonia). Mr Adkins can’t ask too much for the club when you consider the 2 guys that bought Wrexham only paid £2 million for it.

24/5/2023 8:07 pm  #9

Hi Geoff sorry to hear your poorly mate i can only wish you better times.
Im sure you would agree though that an Antonio buy in would be great for the club it cant come soon enough for me !!!!!!!!! All the best Geoff stay in touch mate.

Board footera