“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/5/2023 7:44 am  #251

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Steptoe
Step 5 – Premier Division South (CCLS) 1 Abbey Rangers 2 AFC Croydon Athletic 3 Alton 4 Balham 5 Camberley Town 6 Cobham 7 Colliers Wood United 8 Epsom & Ewell SC1 9 Farnham Town 10 Fleet Town 11 Guildford City 12 Horley Town 13 Jersey Bulls 14 Knaphill 15 Redhill 16 Sandhurst Town CCL1 17 Sheerwater 18 Spelthorne Sports CCLN 19 Tadley Calleva 20 Tooting & Mitcham United ILS

Combined Counties South Premier League

21/5/2023 8:09 am  #252

Cor, these fixtures get the juices going. Thanks for the reply.

28/5/2023 1:37 pm  #253

Congratulations to Luton Town ! Perhaps in 10 years time Toots fans will be feeling the same! New blood, new backing and a desire to achieve !!!!

29/5/2023 9:51 am  #254

I would settle for Isthmian league Premier at the moment.
I do think next season is the most important in the club's history for the wrong reasons. With die hard fans Losing love and interest, next season is more than a promotion campaign. More like a season of club survival. If Steve Adkins doesn't give Jamie a decent budget and continues with the ridiculous youth give away. Tooting could actually end up playing park football.  We always joked Tooting would end up on Figgs Marsh. 
I don't think Steve Adkins would abuse Jamie like that and surely will get behind him.
Jamie Byatt's Black and White Army !

Last edited by Gary Walker (29/5/2023 9:57 am)

29/5/2023 11:16 am  #255

Dont be so sure Gary i wouldant trust adkins and wouldant be surprised at anything that man comes up with course i hope im wrong !!!!!!!!

29/5/2023 12:23 pm  #256

Me too Dan. I hope your wrong.
It would show the biggest form of arrogance and total disregard from Steve.
That's why I am so eager to find out who is signing. The first few signings will set the tone.
I am hoping it's starts with Coleman and Simmo personally.

29/5/2023 2:58 pm  #257

coleman definataly simmo maybe, but im sure jamie has got some decent players in mind.

30/5/2023 12:10 pm  #258

Hi Steptoe,
As for  emulating Luton Town, Tooting have tried that, been there, and failed miserably! Scrap metal merchants Ronnie and Reggie made a bid to take over the club in 2011/12 season, and who can forget they made the infamous video when it was stated Tooting would be in the Football League by 2017. Although Ronnie and Reggie tried to buy their way into other clubs, often slapping down cash in front of club officials, they never had a chance with our Fat Controller, Del boy.

The net result,  Mark Beard, who was building a really useful side was sacked and replaced by former Hammer, Kenny Brown, plus a glut of useless past it high profile players being signed. Ronnie and Reggie left, withdrew their dubious cash, and by the end of the season Tooting plunged out of Isthmian premier in total disgrace. 

Last edited by Mikem (30/5/2023 12:35 pm)

30/5/2023 1:54 pm  #259

Hi Mike i suppose thats one thing we can probably thank the fat controller for i think if ronnie and reggie had got hold of the club we might not be still in existance now.
couple of fly boys !!!!!

30/5/2023 3:50 pm  #260

Hi Dan, Unfortunately the team only just about exist today, if you can call it an existence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Adkins, Woolley, Cox and shaw should hold their heads in shame, after what they have done. And as for Bosah I don't know how he can still continue at Imperial Fields after his shameful performance as a manager and taking the team to  its lowest depths ever, and he still continued as nothing had happened!  Adkins should give him a huge bonus for delivering his goals. 

Since 2000 the team which was built to fail!

12/6/2023 6:17 am  #261

Coming up to 50000 views and many comments on this thread surely indicates how much supporters care or cared about the fortunes of this once Great Club. We deserve SO MUCH MORE for the decades of loyal support that was given by those sadly no longer with us and for those who still are !!!!

12/6/2023 1:50 pm  #262

Congratulations Mr Steptoe, your subject posting has now surpassed 50,000, onwards and upwards, I'll let you decide how to  interpret this!

09/8/2023 4:20 pm  #263

Is it to early to bring this thread back to life again after Toots being dumped out of the FA CUP?

09/8/2023 7:05 pm  #264

Much too early. We have a good little team.
No we will be up there at least in the play offs.  Also I would imagine more players we come in during the season.

Last edited by Gary Walker (09/8/2023 7:46 pm)

09/8/2023 8:05 pm  #265

And with Steve Adkins and the Supporters Club behind us, what could possibly go wrong?

09/8/2023 9:13 pm  #266

evthedog wrote:

And with Steve Adkins and the Supporters Club behind us, what could possibly go wrong?

Totally understand what your saying Ev me old mate. The shame of all this is that your not attending matches because I have watched football with you for over 2 decades and I know you would really enjoy yourself this season.  We are actually good. It's just that last night we played a better team.

10/8/2023 5:19 am  #267

I fear so much damage has been done over a number of years but appreciate the optimism in certain quarters. Time and results and hopefully positive changes to the club and for the supporters will be the test! 

24/12/2023 7:40 am  #268

Crikey it’s the “season of goodwill” but not for Toots it would seem! Surely it must be too early to think of relegation AGAIN !!!? Oh the memories of Christmas past to coin a phrase !

21/1/2024 9:43 am  #269

A couple of decent results for teams even lower than Toots in this division. Forgive me for asking, is it just one club that can relegated at the end of the season ?

21/1/2024 10:39 am  #270

Hi Steptoe, does it really matter about relegation,  the football team finally died last season. Congrats to  all those  involved.

21/1/2024 11:29 am  #271

Hi Mikem, believe me like many others I feel the pain. Not because I could have watched some decent Toots football with admission or a season ticket at concessions rate, even some cup runs, Tuesday night fixtures to look forward to etc etc Perhaps coming away from the ground happy of an excellent result against clubs much higher in the football pyramid, but all that seems so far away. I shall dream on for better times !

10/3/2024 2:02 am  #272

Surely a missed opportunity to have moved nearer to the clubs just above Toots in this level of football ? The hurt continues !!! What is happening or more like “not happenning” ?

19/3/2024 6:46 am  #273

It seems mid table give or take either way is the likely position Toots will find themselves in at the end of this season and level of football ! Can anything change for the better? 

19/3/2024 7:05 am  #274

Yes it can:  getting a new owner.

19/3/2024 10:24 am  #275

Hi Steptoe, the football club and team are almost departed this mortal coil! Run into the ground by Adkins and Woolley.  Ev has the solution, but just a dream! Please keep this confidential lol.
Since 2000 the team was built to fail!

Last edited by Mikem (19/3/2024 10:28 am)

Board footera