“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/6/2023 12:54 pm  #26

Re: Season Ticket Price

Well it's official.  Isthmian League prices for park football. But all is not lost.  Act now and get a whopping discount on your season tickets  - but that will probably be capped for the first 1000 applicants.  I can't wait to see the crowds flood back 

07/6/2023 2:38 pm  #27

https://www.afccroydonathletic.co.uk/news/season-tickets-on-sale-with-early-bird-offerYou can now buy your season ticket for the forthcoming season.   You can also benefit from an extra discount if you buy your ticket in June.In June, Adult season ticket are priced at £90 with tickets for Over 60s at just £65 with Under 16 tickets at £30.   Those tickets will be valid for all home league and league cup games, under 18 fixtures and any pre-season friendlies.On 1st July the prices will revert to £110 for adults, £80 for Over 60s and £40 for Under 16s.   Remember, Under 12s go free.

07/6/2023 2:52 pm  #28

Rochdale of the Conference Premier (recently relegated from L2):
£175 for 23 home league games (£7.60 per game)

Tooting And Mitcham (Step 5):
£160 for 19 league games (£8.42 per game)

Last edited by Bogend Ant (07/6/2023 2:52 pm)

07/6/2023 5:51 pm  #29

Bogend Ant wrote:

Rochdale of the Conference Premier (recently relegated from L2):
£175 for 23 home league games (£7.60 per game)

Tooting And Mitcham (Step 5):
£160 for 19 league games (£8.42 per game)

Excellent example of how absurd this situation is…..

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

07/6/2023 9:41 pm  #30

Is it possible that the club can make a statement regarding the reasoning behind the cost of a season ticket and gate entry for next season please?
Why are we so much more expensive?
I have been really excited about the new management.  Jamie needs a big crowd behind him. He deserves the best start. Now I and other fans I have spoken too are in two minds of even attending home games.
Come on Steve Adkins and Chris Woolley.  Give your heads a wobble. You have completely miss read the room on this one Gents!

Last edited by Gary Walker (07/6/2023 9:43 pm)

08/6/2023 4:55 am  #31

Come on Gary.  You know as well as I do that Adkins does not care about the "room".

08/6/2023 8:42 am  #32

And Chris confidential Woolley will not be able to make any statement as it is confidential.

08/6/2023 11:11 am  #33

Stan, you've just breached Members Club cofidentiality by letting slip Wooley's name, which is confidential.

08/6/2023 12:16 pm  #34

I was thinking earlier about Tooting. All this time I have been thinking that the person who owns the club, who has the final say is incompetent and has the best interests of the club at heart but makes bad decisions. Like the rest of us I have never owned a Non-league football club and it can't be easy with the cost of living and all the other costs. Steve must know that Jamie's appointment with his Assistant and Coach will excite us old supporters.  Then he makes the decision of keeping the cost of entry for the league above even though the customer will see their team in a league below.
Steve Adkins is a clever self made multi millionaire . So his decisions which even a idiot like me would see it is self damaging to the club.
So the question I have to Steve and the Members Club is , why? Why would you self defecate ? I really can't get my head around the decisions you have made in the last 3 or 4 years. Why is Ashley still at the club ? Why have you rewarded someone and made them Director of football? Why not head of kids football? He can't give Jamie advice. Jamie could but probably wouldn't because his too nice a bloke remind Ashley that he got us relegated to park football.
I am really starting to believe that the club is being run down to close. What other explanation can there be ?

08/6/2023 2:20 pm  #35

evthedog wrote:

Come on Gary.  You know as well as I do that Adkins does not care about the "room".

I get that Ev, We have spoken about him on many occasions. I hope I am completely wrong . It's almost as if Steve is bored with hiding the fact that he is running the club down. Or has he run it down so far that even the most optimistic fan is now seeing what's going on. People who go home and away and are really true Supporters like Dave M are saying things on Twitter I have never seen them say before with pure anger.
Stan we have discussed this so many times. Any business or organisation saying every detail is confidential is hiding something. That has been my experience anyway. Will Steve and Chris run off holding hands into the sunset when the big build has finished? What is really going on between them? Still no profit and loss accounts on Company House I see. About as transparent as dog Rubbish.
Maybe Stan C was correct all along to start a break away club but started it too early.  I wonder what the general consensus is to start  an Afc Tooting and Mitcham now?

Last edited by Gary Walker (08/6/2023 2:27 pm)

08/6/2023 3:08 pm  #36

Gary Walker wrote:

So the question I have to Steve and the Members Club is , why? Why would you self defecate ? I really can't get my head around the decisions you have made in the last 3 or 4 years.

3 or 4 years Gary?  Anyone who has supported the club since he took over knows full well that the carpet was pulled out from under the successful promoted teams, and that goes back more than ten years. So a successful first team is not in the plan.

The only way that we will ever find out what his ultimate plan is is if he decides to tell us.

I am not holding my breath.

08/6/2023 4:06 pm  #37

Gary Walker wrote:

I am really starting to believe that the club is being run down to close. What other explanation can there be ?

Yep.  Agree 100%, I have found myself thinking this over the last two seasons, who in their right mind would run a team like this?  Pretty much every decision has been bad.

Gary Walker wrote:

I wonder what the general consensus is to start  an Afc Tooting and Mitcham now?

I think there’s more appetite than ever Gary.  So many people would be interested if this came up.

With the admission, I was planning on going to a couple of the pre-season friendlies at £3 a go.  However, at this moment in time I don’t want to give this club one single penny of my money.  I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to do it.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (08/6/2023 4:06 pm)

08/6/2023 5:29 pm  #38

BernieTheBolt wrote:

Gary Walker wrote:

Yep.  Agree 100%, I have found myself thinking this over the last two seasons, who in their right mind would run a team like this?  Pretty much every decision has been bad.

Gary Walker wrote:

I wonder what the general consensus is to start  an Afc Tooting and Mitcham now?

I made that decision three seasons back Bernie.  I went to the last Saturday home match to pay my respects at the club’s funeral but will not give the authors of our humiliating demise another penny.
I think there’s more appetite than ever Gary.  So many people would be interested if this came up.

With the admission, I was planning on going to a couple of the pre-season friendlies at £3 a go.  However, at this moment in time I don’t want to give this club one single penny of my money.  I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to do it.

10/6/2023 11:44 am  #39

evthedog wrote:

BernieTheBolt wrote:

Gary Walker wrote:

Yep. Agree 100%, I have found myself thinking this over the last two seasons, who in their right mind would run a team like this? Pretty much every decision has been bad.

Gary Walker wrote:

I wonder what the general consensus is to start an Afc Tooting and Mitcham now?

I made that decision three seasons back Bernie. I went to the last Saturday home match to pay my respects at the club’s funeral but will not give the authors of our humiliating demise another penny.
I think there’s more appetite than ever Gary. So many people would be interested if this came up.

With the admission, I was planning on going to a couple of the pre-season friendlies at £3 a go. However, at this moment in time I don’t want to give this club one single penny of my money. I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to do it.

Ev, I have to totally agree with your comments, and like you I will never go to Imperial Fields again until there is a total clear out of the whole structure and change of ownership. But I will go to away games where proper football clubs exist not the sham at Imperial Fields. 

When Adkins threw a strop in 2010 that he was going to  stop funding the football team which was a ploy just to  get more shares off the members club aided and abetted by Woolley. This lead to  Stan Churchillmann starting a team called Tooting and Mitcham Wanderers, there was not much support for this and the huge amount of work including finding a ground led to  the project failing miserably. To  Stan's credit he raised thousands of pounds locally.  

Last edited by Mikem (10/6/2023 11:46 am)

10/6/2023 12:58 pm  #40

It’s definitely a sinking ship.  Even Roy Sisley’s called it a day looking at the advert for a new announcer. 

If I had a blast it would be something like this:

“Good afternoon all, well all twenty-five of you and welcome to Imperial Fields, the home of corruption, ineptitude and greed.  We hope you’ve taken out a second mortgage to enjoy our bar facilities and we pride ourselves for charging step 5 football for step 4 prices.  Where else would you get such a deal?  An afternoon like no other with Tooting and Mitcham United (press play button, The Birdie Song by The Tweets plays over speakers as players walk out)”

I don’t think I’d get very far…..

Forgot to say Mike if T&M Wanderers was on the table now I think it would be a go-er.  Finally pretty much everyone is on the same page these days having seen what’s gone on.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (10/6/2023 1:03 pm)

11/6/2023 11:10 am  #41

Mike  I wouldn't go as far to say T&M Wanderers was a miserable failure, it takes a lot to get a team of the ground with very  little financial backing and I think Stan did a great job in trying to do that. Yes, it didn't succeed in the end but it was a valiant effort. We thought at the time we were in a bad place, with Adkins pulling the plug on 1st team funding, but we're in a far worse situation now. Had Stan started his project in more recent times the chances of success would be far greater.

11/6/2023 12:05 pm  #42

Imagine Tooting and Mitcham as a wall with damp, mould and cracked plaster.  All Adkins has done is papered it over by appointing Jamie and hoping that the supporters will forget what is under the wallpaper and carry on as normal.

As much as I admire and like Jamie, his appointment is nowhere near enough to get me back at Imperial Fields.

The totally ludicrous admission charges just goes to show how rotten the wall is.

Last edited by evthedog (11/6/2023 12:07 pm)

11/6/2023 12:24 pm  #43

I never thought for a minute that Adkins would reduce admission prices even after relegation. He's probably hoping for a positive pre season and a good start to the coming campaign, and that the fans will come flooding back and forget that they are paying top money for a crap standard of football. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

11/6/2023 12:55 pm  #44

E v your right much as i would like and of course Jamie and his team do really well i think adkins has gone for what he sees as the cheaper option and thats no disrepect to jamie who im sure will do his very best,but yes your right another adkins sticking plaster and the fact he is still charging top prices is an insult to the loyal supporters,
Andy your right too if stan was launching his Mitcham Wanderers alternative now im sure many more people would have got behind it unfortunatly all a question of timing and yes it wouldant have been easy for stan to get his project started in the first place but you got to say well done to him for trying.

12/6/2023 8:42 am  #45

Andy Mc wrote:

Mike  I wouldn't go as far to say T&M Wanderers was a miserable failure, it takes a lot to get a team of the ground with very  little financial backing and I think Stan did a great job in trying to do that. Yes, it didn't succeed in the end but it was a valiant effort. We thought at the time we were in a bad place, with Adkins pulling the plug on 1st team funding, but we're in a far worse situation now. Had Stan started his project in more recent times the chances of success would be far greater.

Andy,

I will repeat my statement Stan’s project was a complete failure:
I have already stated the nightmare setting up a new team from scratch. At the time it was Stan the man and his hypothetical dog trying to  run the whole show which was a nightmare for him.

Stan warned everyone what was happening to the Football Team from the outset of the new regime. But everyone chose to ignored him as a trouble maker. Many of those critics have since left the organisation and those long-standing fans that remain now have their “tails between their legs”.

The start-up cost of a new team, ground hire, kit and fees etc for one person to implement is horrendous. Stan gallantly raised thousands of pounds for his project. But without a core support of helpers and admin personnel (at least 20 minimum) it’s an impossible to deliver.
Also, the FA and Surrey FA were very obstructive, and I think there is still outstanding issues and disputes to this day!

However, it just shows what one person can achieve, a few more today may turn the tide for Stan?

12/6/2023 12:28 pm  #46

Just goes to show how people feel about adkins outrageous pricing just look at the views this thread has had over 2000 now but will he and his bunch of bum lickers care ( i think not )

12/6/2023 12:51 pm  #47

Admin - Dulwich Hamlet fan who moved away and now normally watches Farnham Town. I come in peace.

The £99 FTFC season ticket was the early bird price. Full price is £110. Incidentally their local derby was versus Badshot Lea and pulled just under 1,100.

FYI out of the CoCo South teams I went to last season Alton were cheapest at £6. A few were £7 but most - including Farnham - £8. I suspect most will be £8 this time. Some clubs don't really bring paying away fans but I suspect your turnstile people will hear a few moans about £10.

Whilst a couple of the places you will visit can be a bit soul destroying - two men and a dog in a basic ground built to hit ground garding cheaply - you can have a nice day out at the likes of Alton, Farnham and Jersey. There's good football people to natter to at most of the club's too. Take your binoculars to Guildford, that'll bring back memories of Croydon away last century for your longer lasting fans. Despite the ground, Guildford can be a decent day out too.

Your pre-season with RPV - if both sides take it seriously - will give a good indication as to where you will be. They were deserved champions last season. Out of the existing teams Farnham and Jersey are the likely favourites. Abbey Rangers will fancy running them close. Knaphill and Colliers Wood seem to be losing a few faces so may slip back a bit.

I hope you enjoy the season despite the lowly status and that your club can begin to re-establish itself. Even as a veteran of over 30 years at Hamlet I get no pleasure in seeing a potentially big club like yours playing what's basically County League football.

Board footera