“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/7/2023 8:20 am  #1

Promotion Zone Creeping Nearer!

Let’s hope we will be adding to this thread or similar banter towards the end of next seasons campaign in light of yesterdays friendly result !

14/7/2023 11:23 am  #2

Re: Promotion Zone Creeping Nearer!

The fixtures for our old league are out (and look quite interesting) so hopefully not long for ours.  Mind you, I had read on another forum that the CCL are known for leaving it late.  Onwards and upwards (or something like that)…..

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

14/7/2023 4:19 pm  #3

BernieTheBolt wrote:

The fixtures for our old league are out (and look quite interesting) so hopefully not long for ours.  Mind you, I had read on another forum that the CCL are known for leaving it late.  Onwards and upwards (or something like that)…..

It's such a shame we are not in that league next season.  I miss us playing at Met Police away. One of my favourites. The Isthmian Premier looks really hot this year with Dulwich going down.

14/7/2023 6:59 pm  #4

First League game looks like Jersey away 12th August

14/7/2023 7:36 pm  #5

Poddington wrote:

First League game looks like Jersey away 12th August

I was going to put for a joke earlier something about the first fixture being Jersey but didn’t……looks like short notice research and organisation time!

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

15/7/2023 4:55 pm  #6

It's only prea-season but another win against Causels today. Dare we dream yet ?
Great Job Jamie !

09/9/2023 4:48 pm  #7

Great result Toots, back in the right direction! Look forward to the match report.

10/9/2023 10:45 am  #8

Excellent performance yesterday. Shay Brennan is as clinical a finisher as I've seen for a long time. The new midfield signing is very robust and hard working. Coleman absolutely ran his bits off in 30 degrees for the whole game. Biggest difference between this week and last week was out game management when we got the lead. We played very, very well but for a top team with 5 wins out of 5 Guilford didn't offer much.

10/9/2023 12:48 pm  #9

I think a lot of credit needs to go to Mark Ham's preparation of the players before the match.
I got to the game earlier than usual and you could hear the Tooting players pumping each other up in the dressing room.
When the players came out they did a light running session with Mark than stretching both dynamic and static.  After that while the Guildford players was running around playing a traditional keep ball warm up. Our players were stood still conserving energy playing a volleys game. I thought this was excellent preparation from Mark.
During the game our new signing smashed through tackles and his passing was excellent.  Every player deserves credit for our win yesterday.  Team selection was forced by Campbell being suspended.  Jamie Byatt started as a ten but his natural striker position looked more like he was playing as a 2 a long side Shay.
Our defending started with Shey and Jamie. They worked very hard pressing in the heat. Our midfield work rate completely out run their s and if our player lost the ball we would hunt them down from behind. Shorts played his best game has ever played for us, taken players on and putting in great crosses. You could see early on Jamie wanted the ball forward at all times and made that very clear through the match. There was times when we kept the ball and our game management was excellent.  All the main action was in the first half. With some excellent goals. Our third reminded me of Paul Vines away to Eastbourne in the cup.
Our goal keeper Tom had a good game and can be forgiven for his mistakes as he was smashed very late 10 minutes before their corner. This would of been a yellow card in rugby let a lone football. 
Yesterday was a reminder of why we support Tooting.  A decent crowd making noise which the Guildford players seem to not be use too. Either that or they thought they would just turn up and roll us over. We looked like a dangerous team . If we can keep that work rate up we could or maybe should win the league for me.
The highlight for me was celebrating our win with Jamie after the match.
Great work Jamie and your team. Yesterday was a proud day.
IF YOUR NOT ATTENDING GAMES YOU ARE THE ONE MISSING OUT I AM AFRAID.
Ps. I have not mentioned the elephant in the room because I know Hayden Bird reads this forum. But I do think we as a club need to put our striker on contract. Even if you pay him £250 a week. Come on Steve increases the budget ! Please.  If a club comes in for him at least they will have to compensate the club. I fear its the only way to keep him. If he stays we really have a decent chance this season.

Last edited by Gary Walker (10/9/2023 1:00 pm)

10/9/2023 2:55 pm  #10

Sorry I forgot to mention the under 23 players that came in. This week we made good substitutions and took off tied players. The under 23 players that came on continued the work rate of the first team players.
Yesterday we looked like a proper Non-league football club. With first team players starting and the kids helping out later on in the game. The under 23 players was a credit to the club.

10/9/2023 2:55 pm  #11

Thanks for responding Andy P and Gary Walker. Looks positive if these performances continue throughout the season.

11/9/2023 7:07 pm  #12

Gary Walker wrote:

IF YOUR NOT ATTENDING GAMES YOU ARE THE ONE MISSING OUT I AM AFRAID.

Well said that man ! Some of the games I've seen this season have been TOP entertainment.

11/9/2023 8:35 pm  #13

Thanks for taken the time to pop over for a chat on Saturday Chris.

12/9/2023 5:01 am  #14

Are there now genuine signs of the deep wounds inflicted on supporters and heart of this great club finally starting to heal ? Time  and positive changes is perhaps a great healer!

12/9/2023 7:46 am  #15

I would say there is a positive vibe around the home stadium. Mainly because Jamie and his team are doing a great job.
It seems that we are also attracting some new fans.
I haven't seen a away match yet.

12/9/2023 8:36 am  #16

That’s great to hear Gary.

Board footera