“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/7/2023 9:12 am  #1

Attendances next season

I was having a conversation with a fellow supporter and we were having a discussion about attendances for the upcoming season.

It's a bit of a guessing game to which teams have a away following but we were saying that would the attendances improve with relegation?

I believe that we would get more people through the turnstiles.

Working on the assumption that of the 50 season ticket holders from last season got them again,I believe a home attendances could average 200.

Again I haven't accounted for away support.

My fellow supporter reckons we would barely get 120?

What do people reckon?

Remember the lob at Tonbridge

27/7/2023 9:57 am  #2

Re: Attendances next season

Re away support, it's not a lot typically. Farnham and Jersey will bring a reasonable number if the fixtures fall right. Most teams bring a noticeable smattering of genuine fans. A small number of teams don't really have away fans, they are officials and relations on comps only.

Last edited by Roger D (27/7/2023 9:57 am)

27/7/2023 10:01 am  #3

Fleet Town have a good following... seen them a few times at RPV and Croydon

27/7/2023 10:10 am  #4

Fleet have done a good job at regenerating the club and have a fairly young support base with many travelling. As you will be a new opponent, I'd expect them to bring more than most. Guildford probably will too, though their home gates aren't brilliant (running track ground.)

27/7/2023 5:20 pm  #5

Sol pinnocks left boot wrote:

I was having a conversation with a fellow supporter and we were having a discussion about attendances for the upcoming season.

It's a bit of a guessing game to which teams have a away following but we were saying that would the attendances improve with relegation?

I believe that we would get more people through the turnstiles.

Working on the assumption that of the 50 season ticket holders from last season got them again,I believe a home attendances could average 200.

Again I haven't accounted for away support.

My fellow supporter reckons we would barely get 120?

What do people reckon?

I think this is really good topic.We was also talking about this.
Speaking to Jamie one of the selling points for bringing players in when you are offering the same money as somewhere else is our fan base. Feed back on Twitter from our new players really enjoyed playing in from of a loving crowd which most would never of done before. Jamie has been very clever in bringing in players from lower leagues from the likes of Epsom and Ewell who think its a real pleasure and honour to play for Tooting. This showed in their work rate against Dulwich. Our new set of players want to be part of something special. I think the more we win. the more people well return. Also who who ever the announcers were I think there was two really pumped up the crowd and I believe will give the ground more atmosphere. I think we could get around 300 to 400 people attending towards the end of the season. I think if someone who just wants to attend a match and hasn't been around Non-League will really enjoy their visit to our stadium this year and will return.
For me our new style of Non-league football will also bring in crowds. Non of this play out from the keeper just for the keeper to get the ball back. Tooting are back and will cause other teams Terror in our Attack !

JAMIE BYATT'S BLACK  AND WHITE ARMY!

27/7/2023 11:42 pm  #6

I won't name them but I am a member at an southern amateur club in step five. They finish mid table every season by doing two things: -

1) Having a support base
2) Being well known for players moving to step 1/2/3/4. They have lost close to their entire team this pre season.

Playing on your support base is exactly the right way to go. There's lots of good Step 4/5 players based near you playing in front of two men and a dog. £10 a week or a good crowd? Most go for the crowd.

Board footera