“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/8/2023 6:58 pm  #1

Jersey Away Info

I had done a post on the supporters club social media accounts with some info about Saturday's trip to Jersey

This Saturday, the Terrors make their first visit to the Channel Island of Jersey since 1959, and our first ever time taking on Jersey Bulls FC. 15:00 Kick off

It seems like there are a good number of Terrors travelling, and the majority of us on the 07:10am out of Gatwick.

Buses on the Island:
Bus fares are £2.25 (contactless) but there is a day pass for £8.50. So if you are using 4 buses or more then the pass is the way to go.

The number 15 bus will take you from the Airport straight to St Helier, they run roughly every 20 minutes.

Jersey Bulls supporter liason officer Adie Viccars has kindly given us a number of cafe and pub recommendations.

Cafes:
Gunsite Cafe (JE3 7YD) - Overlooking the Bay
Midbay Cafe (JE...
The Old Bakehouse Cafe (JE2 3LU)

Pubs:
Pierson
Cock & Bottle
Up&down bar
Dog & Sausage
Corner House
Soleil
Victoria
The Globe
Springfield

Football Ground:
Springfield Stadium (JE2 4LF) is located in St Helier and is a short walk from the Harbour.

Online tickets are available now but you can still pay on the gate.

We look forward to seeing you all there
Come On You Terrors

10/8/2023 10:18 am  #2

Re: Jersey Away Info

To all those going to  Jersey, may I wish you all a safe and trouble free trip. Plus, please preserve the good name of the team what is left of it, and enjoy the game. 

10/8/2023 2:43 pm  #3

Yes Mikem, I second your comment. Credit to all remaining fans whose hearts remain with Toots through thick and thin ! Let’s hope for better times.

12/8/2023 5:09 pm  #4

Congratulations on that result. You've laid down a big marker there. Expect a few managers from other clubs to send their friends along to watch you a.s.a.p now...

12/8/2023 8:00 pm  #5

Great result. Just what we needed to start our promotion campaign.
Tooting are back baby!
Safe journey home to everyone involved with Tooting.
This result has made my weekend.

Last edited by Gary Walker (12/8/2023 9:40 pm)

13/8/2023 9:05 pm  #6

Mikem wrote:

To all those going to  Jersey, may I wish you all a safe and trouble free trip. Plus, please preserve the good name of the team what is left of it, and enjoy the game. 

Mikem, you would've been proud of us. We endeared ourselves to the locals by joining the Jersey Ultras in their favourite boozer The Robin Hood before the game and had an hour of good natured banter and singing. To a man they shook our hands and congratulated us on our hard earned and impressive victory as we celebrated with our players and staff. We played our role as ambassadors of Tooting & Mitcham United FC in a manner we can all be very proud of, Their supporters liason officer Aidie told me a lot of their fans were badgering him to organise one of their away trips (of which they have 4 or 5 a season) to Imperial Fields, A special mention to young Anthony Harrold who the Jersey boys loved, they were singing "Anthony, he's one of our own" outside the pub at one point. 

The atmosphere outside the club bar after the game was incredible, it's all over social media if you want to have a look. There were only about a dozen of us but due to the acoustics with it being surrounded by relatively high buildings and some of the players and staff joining in the singing, it sounded like there was 200 of us. ***Don't forget to send me the videos Mitchell please*** Memories that will last me the rest of my puff. 

The best Tooting away trip EVER 

Board footera