“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/8/2023 6:05 pm  #1

2 wins out of 2 in the league

Great start to the league campaign and 4 goals by a Tooting hero in the making.

You know when Tooting are doing well the forum stays silent.

Remember the lob at Tonbridge

16/8/2023 7:05 pm  #2

Re: 2 wins out of 2 in the league

It was a funny old game, the scoreline flattered us somewhat. In the first half we were defensively woeful, mainly due to a strangely out of sorts Sol PB, who had a 45 minutes to try and forget. We could have conceded 6 in the half and for us to go two up was completely against the run of play. To go in at two all at the break was the least that Balham deserved. Sol PB did not come back out for the second half, as much for his own benefit as well as the team, with Lewis Gonsalves replacing him. Tooting gradually took control of the game and Balham looked less effective as the half went on. 4 goals for Shay Brennan, a great night for him, and a just about deserved 3 points for the Terrors.

16/8/2023 7:37 pm  #3

Sol pinnocks left boot wrote:

I hope there's no more posts on here until May 2024 in that case 

I got told the reason Shay Brannon wasn't playing in Jersey was because he was away having a trial with Stockport County. Anyone know if there's any truth in that ?

16/8/2023 8:18 pm  #4

Great start to the league campaign and 4 goals by a Tooting hero in the making.

What you fail the understand is that the supporters who now boycott home matches do so because of Steve Adkins, and are pleased when the team does well.  But sadly we have done well before in the reign of King Steve, only for him to send us to dogs.

Always remember that it is the Steve Adkins running of this club that dumped us in Step 5 football.

17/8/2023 5:48 am  #5

Bog End Ultra wrote:

I hope there's no more posts on here until May 2024 in that case 

I got told the reason Shay Brannon wasn't playing in Jersey was because he was away having a trial with Stockport County. Anyone know if there's any truth in that ?

I do

17/8/2023 5:11 pm  #6

Whoever you are, nothing makes me happier than the team doing well and I bloody well hope that we get out of this Rubbish hole division that Adkins’ “strategy” has dumped us in. 

But, like a lot of supporters, I believe that the main reason why we are not “up there” with clubs like Dorking (who, of course, we beat to the championship) is because the people who run the club couldn’t give a toss about the team or the supporters.

So please do not patronise me by telling me what team I should support.

18/8/2023 5:15 am  #7

I've never been so rankled in my life 

18/8/2023 7:55 pm  #8

Puts me in mind of that well known football chant......" The weferwee's a rankler."

18/8/2023 8:30 pm  #9

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Puts me in mind of that well known football chant......" The weferwee's a rankler."

😂

19/8/2023 2:22 pm  #10

Well, yes - I’m guilty of this having not had much time or anything to add really.  The summer holiday has been a right nightmare juggling things about for the kids with my wife’s job and my work.  Couldn’t go to Jersey, couldn’t even get a couple of friendlies or midweek ones in.

The other thing with this forum is that when you’re short of time, it’s not easy to catch up.  There’s a 10 minute posting limit so if you want to reply to a few threads/people quickly it doesn’t happen.  Coming back and posting whenever you can makes it all disjointed and you can forget where you were with it before. 

I’m still pretty disappointed the CC website still hasn’t got fixtures beyond this month (except the north division) and my next avenue is Horley on the 28th.  However that looks like it could potentially be a mare with an 11.30 start and an odd route from the station involving estates, alleyways and lots of twists and turns.  At least Thameslink provide a better train service than the hourly one that Southern ran.  Finish time will be nice for an afternoon pint though.

Thanks for the posts, especially those about Jersey (Boggie) and glad to hear the trip was a roaring success!

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

Board footera