“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/11/2014 9:28 am  #1

for those with doubts...

Hi, for those that are not familiar with 'The Administrator'; my name is Nick Bolt aka 'Bolty'. I used to coach at Imperial Fields in the academy and I did the cleaning and security of a night down there as well. 

I just wanted to inform people with any doubts about me running the forum, and quite rightly, given the last few years.

Firstly, I don't have an agenda, I don't want one either, the last face to face conversation I had with Steve Adkins at Imperial Fields, he shook my hand and said 'people kiss and make up' and who knows what the future may hold. no-one knows.

I copied the previous forum because at the time it was pretty one sided and I thought we needed a balanced view, which is why I still administrate and other than this week (tweaking the site and adding the facebook page) I like to do it quietly.

I have spoken to the forum's wing man, Mr Gary Walker via messages about what you guys would like to see on here and what needs changing and removing to placate everyone and will continue to do so. Gary is also joint admin for the Facebook page so that there is an independent hand to all that we do here.

I don't want any medals either, but it now costs me $145.00 per year to run this forum and I love seeing the comments which is what football is all about, numbers and opinions.

I have dropped the 'un-censored' part from the title as we are all big boys and girls now and the need for that is now irrelevant, if you have something to say, say it, but please be courtious to others and those younger eyes that may be reading.

The future is looking very bright under CT and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate him and to wish him well.

Personally, as for the future of the forum, it would be nice if we could raise the profile a bit more but as technology evolves we are stretching the boundaries of what forum software can provide, which is why I have twinned it with the Facebook page. I have also added the new web address (www.thebogend.com) for ease of marketing and I would like to see a few more clicks on the 'Share' buttons on the Facebook page where we can, as this helps with exposure and I would just like to mention in less than one day we have reached 290 people and had 59 likes, which for those that are not 'au fait' means that 59 people now follow us on Facebook and if they clicked 'Share' would expose all of THEIR contacts and friends to our page, such is the power of the 'Share' button and so on.

I am currently coaching at AFC Wimbledon U12's girls and I am really enjoying watching their progression and also doing an Honours Degree in Law and attend Lincoln's Inn most Saturdays, I also have a currently unbeaten little league team of boys in the Sutton Little League over at Royston Park because I enjoy it.

I hope I have been as transparent as possible for those that had any doubts about my administration here and please feel free to inbox me or leave messages here for suggestions so that we can make this forum even better.

I added the rankings such as 'Bog End Bombadier' which changes when posting milestones have been hit, just for a bit of added fun.

But from my standpoint, it is you guys that make the forum for me and we are on number 99 currently for subscribers!...

The future is bright, the future is Black and White.

Regards,

Bolty...

04/11/2014 9:44 am  #2

Re: for those with doubts...

Amen...

04/11/2014 10:16 am  #3

Good luck bolty, this is similar to what I wanted to do but my hands were tied. if you need any help just let me know.

I was lost but now im found

04/11/2014 11:03 am  #4

From someone who is reletively new as a supporter of TMUFC, it's so good to see such passion, pride and a sense of togetherness coming across the forum and the club as a whole.
What a difference from the dark days three years ago.
May it continue.

Last edited by Routemaster (04/11/2014 11:04 am)

04/11/2014 12:15 pm  #5

gary walker wrote:

The_Chezzer wrote:

Good luck bolty, this is similar to what I wanted to do but my hands were tied. if you need any help just let me know.

Chezzer we will need your help and experience mate always welcome.
Hope to see you tonight.

I should be there tonight

04/11/2014 12:39 pm  #6

,Bolty, Chezzer, Your hypocritical posting are beyond belief, I have read some clap trap in my time, but this takes the biscuit!I

Last edited by Mikem (04/11/2014 12:40 pm)

04/11/2014 1:54 pm  #7

Hi mike,

Would you like to to discuss whatever is on your mind at the game tonight?

I will bring some biscuits I only have rich tea but I can buy some on my way to the ground

04/11/2014 2:18 pm  #8

From a personal point of view, i enjoy reading the views posted on the site, and I know some will think me sad but I can never wait to get home to read them, combined with the banter, it is how it should be, the present situation is a far cry from those dark days in the past, and long may it continue.
Thanks for running the forum for us and long may it continue, at the end of the day clubs like ours rely upon people being prepared to give of their time, on an unpaid basis, purely for the love of the club, and as supporters we all owe them an immense vote of gratitude, do not forget,without them we do not have a Saturday.

04/11/2014 2:28 pm  #9

Chezzer , I have no wish to chat.
, Alanj - you can have your opinions, I stay maintain they are the most hyporitical comments I have ever read. 

04/11/2014 2:32 pm  #10

Claptrap is inference to a lie, to which not one has been posted, certainly not by myself.

There comes a time Mikem when no matter how hard you bang your head against a brick wall not many walls fall down, but many walk away with nothing other than a sore head...

Chezzer's hands were well and truly tied, which is why I copied his forum and with his help as Gary eluded to, we can make the forum better and better and remain independent.

I hope you are well Mikem and hopefully we can have a cuppa with those biscuits soon.

Kind regards...

04/11/2014 2:52 pm  #11

Thanks Routemaster, glad to have another happy chap onboard... 

Board footera