“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/8/2023 4:52 pm  #1

Come on out the doom merchants

So we lost today.

Now for all the haters, nay sayers and doom merchants to come out under their rocks.

Let's see who is first to comment on this thread.

Remember the lob at Tonbridge

26/8/2023 5:04 pm  #2

Re: Come on out the doom merchants

We never like to lose games. But I am glad the two games we have lost are in cups that realistically we are not going to win.
This team is flying in the league with 3 games and 3 wins. The league has to be the priority this season with such a small squad. It wouldn't bother me if Ashley fielded his under 21 team in the Surrey and London cup.
Also Jamie is allowed to lose games that's just football.
The biggest challenge will be keeping our centre forward for the rest of the Season me thinks.

28/8/2023 9:19 pm  #3

I can hear them sharpening their knives Mr Boot after what's been a bit of a pi$$er of a Bank Holiday weekend. 
The unnecessary gloating of the Selsey players at the final whistle left a nasty taste. Followed by a first league defeat of the campaign. Somebody must've been shouting their gob off within earshot of the Football Gods.
Up until Saturday, I thought Selsey Bill was the name for the local Constabulary, but apparently it's a Peninsula at the Southernmost point of the town. You learn something new every day.

30/8/2023 12:00 pm  #4

I haven't been able to attend the games over the weekend.  Mother in laws 70th Birthday celebrations.
Chris ,is it a question of opposition teams trying that bit harder against a big club with history? I was thinking maybe our players need to think that every league match is a cup final?
After you seeing every game what do you think?

30/8/2023 6:34 pm  #5

I haven't seen EVERY game Gary but from what I have seen it's difficult to tell whether the Oppo have raised their game or not. I think it's just football mate, some you win, some you lose. Or if you've followed Tooting for the last few seasons it's been more a case of some you draw, some you lose. I think we're definitely considered as something of a scalp though, given our illustrious and trophy laden history.
I'll probably be on the absentee list for a while now Gary as the Ball & Chain (Mrs Ultra) has been quite lenient recently, dishing out a 48 hour pass for me to go to Jersey and letting me off the leash to go to Selsey. Still, I suppose I've got to take the rough (decorating the sitting room) with the smooth (watching my beloved Tooting & Mitcham). 

30/8/2023 9:19 pm  #6

Thanks for your response Chris.
Did I hear another CB is injured for us? Gutted about Cisse's injury. He was playing so well.

01/9/2023 6:49 pm  #7

Sol pinnocks left boot wrote:

So we lost today.

Now for all the haters, nay sayers and doom merchants to come out under their rocks.

Let's see who is first to comment on this thread.

I’d probably be counted as one of the above but after seeing your friends being treated so badly I reckon most could get a bit grumpy. 

Apart from that, as I’ve said on another thread it’s been a mare here.  No chance for games, I wanted to do Horley and wanted to do tomorrow for the Alton game.  Both non-starters.  Mr. Boggie japes about the wife and day release etc - thing is, it’s not a joke.  I’m continually being monitored and while it’s all presented as a nicey nicey family lovey production it’s anything but.  It’s high level manipulation and mind teasing of the highest order.  It’s complete mental bullying.

That’s why I can’t post much and even when I got cross about AB last season it was better than dwelling on the drudgefest I see every day.  Olay!

If I had it my way I’d be the one out sparko on the banks of the Wandle, waking up with the realisation I’m covered in my own urine and excrement, sadly I don’t get the chance to get so excited anymore

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

02/9/2023 9:37 am  #8

I've got to give you ten out of ten for reading between the lines Plumpers* 

* Bernie The Bolt was formerly known as Plumpton on this forum.

***I've sent you a personal message Plumpers***

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (02/9/2023 10:30 am)

02/9/2023 11:23 pm  #9

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Bernie The Bolt was formerly known as Plumpton on this forum.

I was, but I got locked out of the account and couldn’t reset it as it was set up with an old email account that similarly I can’t get into.  Despite this the old account is still going on the forum so I had to choose something else.  I do find the idea of The Golden Shot amusing so went tor this.

Thanks Boggs and I’ve replied, good man you are.  This is what non-league is about, the decent characters and company.  When I get the chance to get to a game I’ll be grabbing that opportunity very tightly with both mits

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

03/9/2023 11:32 am  #10

Fear not Plumpers, Steve Harrold is opening a refuge soon, in an act of charitable sympathy, called OHHHHHH, which is an anacronym for 'Old Hackbridge Harry's Haven for Harrassed and Henpecked Husbands'. Residents will be encouraged to attend any Tooting & Mitcham match they want to watch and in extreme cases, subsidised 'Backbone Implants' will be offered.

Or did I just dream this  

Board footera