“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/9/2023 9:52 am  #1

Toots v Spelthorne Sports

We've had a few of what  I consider Category A games this season, Jersey, Croydon, Guidford, you might want to include Balham, where most of us have expected a really tough game and in all of them we've been up for the fight and come out on top.
By the same token we've had some Category B games, Selsey, Horley, Alton, you might want to include Tiddly Cleavage, where we'd expect to get something and with the exception of Tiddly we've come a cropper.
Looking at the league table, you'd have to say Spelthorne come into the latter category, 18th in the table, played 7 won 1, drawn 2, lost 4, scored 4 conceded 13. We, on the other hand, are scoring goals like they're going out of fashion, so if our players are fully motivated (which they bloody well should be) we can look forward to yet another goal-fest at Imperial Fields this afternoon. We've scored in every league and cup game we've played this season, Brennan and Campbell have already got about 100 goals between them.

***WARNING*** By the time the game kicks off this afternoon the Football Gods will have read this, so dont be too surprised  if we lose 2-0.

23/9/2023 5:01 pm  #2

Re: Toots v Spelthorne Sports

Well the Football Gods were nearly spot on Bog End Ultra as was you! Look forward to the match report .

23/9/2023 5:51 pm  #3

We just had a bad day at the office in an otherwise good season so far. Didn't have any luck. Far too many passes a few metres too long. Ref was pretty tragic. Spelthorne had huge centre backs and we seemed bereft of ideas on how to best them. Shay, Coleman and shorts had (comparatively)  quiet games.

One of them things....

23/9/2023 11:24 pm  #4

Who was sent off yesterday and for what?

24/9/2023 9:23 am  #5

Don't know his name Edgeo but it was for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. A decision that didn't meet with universal agreement from the Bog End, Double jeopardy and all that. I'm sure Spelthorne's lone supporter wasn't complaining. Talking of whom, at one point in the first half he was outnumbered 3 to 1 by high-viz jacketed stewards. You can call me paranoid but I got the feeling one of the stewards was there to ensure the welfare and safety of the fan and the other two were there to make sure I didn't sneak round from the other end to have a crafty puff on my Blueberry flavoured vape under the cover of the Bishopsford Road end 

24/9/2023 10:05 pm  #6

I don’t care what the footballing gods have done Boggie.  Look at this….I mean look at this.  Do you remember that Loose Chips horse a few years back?  Well he’s got his own one now, and it won the other day.  If you click the link you’ll cry (like me):

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/5021295/bondy/form

All these pointers in life and never there to take advantage

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

25/9/2023 7:08 pm  #7

True Story: I know as much about horse racing as I do about Thermo Nuclear Physics.....absolutely fcuk all. About 6 or 7 years ago I was in William Hill's putting a bet on the football and noticed there was a horse running later that day called Willard. One of my best mates is called Willard so I put £5 on it to win. The race was over the jumps somewhere and I think Willard was about 10/1 in the market. He was going well and was right in with a shout until the second from last fence where he fell and broke his leg and they shot the cnut.
That was the last time I ever put money on a gee gee. 

26/9/2023 10:14 am  #8

Bog End Ultra wrote:

True Story: I know as much about horse racing as I do about Thermo Nuclear Physics.....absolutely fcuk all. About 6 or 7 years ago I was in William Hill's putting a bet on the football and noticed there was a horse running later that day called Willard. One of my best mates is called Willard so I put £5 on it to win. The race was over the jumps somewhere and I think Willard was about 10/1 in the market. He was going well and was right in with a shout until the second from last fence where he fell and broke his leg and they shot the cnut.
That was the last time I ever put money on a gee gee. 

I have a very similar story about the Grand National in 2012.  I don’t like the GN, it’s too long, got too many runners and isn’t safe, but I ended up doing it anyway after I saw a horse called Sychronised talked up a lot.  I made various bits of money here and there over the day and staked a lot on him each way, the end of the story is exactly the same as yours, couldn’t make it up

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

Board footera