“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/10/2023 5:26 pm  #1

Match report v Abbey Rangers

(This page has been intentionally left blank)

14/10/2023 6:19 pm  #2

Re: Match report v Abbey Rangers

Andy P wrote:

(This page has been intentionally left blank)

Allow me to elaborate. It finished nil-nil.

14/10/2023 6:56 pm  #3

Not only did it finish 0-0 but it was an absolutely atrocious 0-0. To play 11 minutes over I could only think the ref was playing golden goal which might have finished by Wednesday afternoon.

No idea what's happened from the start of the season with free flowing six goal thrillers and passion and performance.

Coleman seems to have lost his bite. Obviously missing Brennan. Few injuries.

Although saying that, still only 2 points off a play off spot

14/10/2023 7:36 pm  #4

And 3 clean sheets on the bounce.

Think I prefer the 6 goal thrillers to be honest.

15/10/2023 9:53 am  #5

Didn't go as had other commitments. Whoever was calling for a defence coach a while back should be happy. If we've started to become hard to beat, I'll take that at the moment, the goals will come and I'm confident we'll be competing around the playoff places come the end of the season. Losing Brennan every few weeks is a major handicap that needs to be overcome, finding goalscorers even at this level seems to be difficult but I'm sure this is being looked at. This campaign was always going to have its ups and downs and the great start probably gave us a false sense of superiority, now reality has kicked in, the chances are we won't get promoted this time. Have patience and I'm sure it will come good in the end.

Board footera