“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/11/2023 1:09 pm  #1

v Redhill

Well that was a grim afternoons entertainment. Four nil down inside half an hour and it could have been double that. We were totally outclassed all over the pitch with our defence virtually non existent and Redhill were able to stroll past our hapless back four at will.  Most of our problems seemed to come from our left side with the painfully slow Justus completely unsuited to the left back role, have we not got anyone as alternative? The return of Alex Penfold from injury also did not go well, an early booking for for him and his inability too keep his cool and his constant confrontations with the officials got him sinbinned after about 30 minutes. I was surprised to see him appear at the start of the second half, especially as we had a new centre back on the bench. He eventually got himself subbed after an ugly foulmouthed exchange with our manager. Where this leaves his future at the club, who knows?
A slight improvement in the second half, although I think that was more to do with Redhill taking their foot of the gas, the obligatory goal from Brennan at least gave as something to cheer about. Some major improvements to our squad needs to happen quickly, especially to our back four, if we want to stop us sliding down the table.

19/11/2023 1:44 pm  #2

Re: v Redhill

Penfold was a disgrace and is a liability.  He looked very unfit and definitely shouldn't be captain or even in the team.  I look forward to seeing Andy O'Brien taking his place.  Shipping eight goals in three matches is making us a laughing stock.  This has to stop!

19/11/2023 3:18 pm  #3

It's worse than that - they have let in twelve goals in the last three matches!

19/11/2023 3:23 pm  #4

Didn't O'Brien get our Man of the Match award, after being on the pitch for 10 minutes. Sums the situation up perfectly.

19/11/2023 5:28 pm  #5

I thought I heard that Andy but I thought I must have misheard it and they were just welcoming him to the club.  Did anybody else hear this?

19/11/2023 6:02 pm  #6

Hot knives and butter.

Redhill had disappeared into the setting sun over the horizon by the time we got our act together but I have to say I actually quite enjoyed the second half. Easily pleased ? Moi ?

19/11/2023 7:33 pm  #7

Agree with the above posts on the Alex Penfold situation he should be removed as captain. 
We need to recruit all over the pitch Shay especially needs help upfront including wide players who can cross the ball to him and create chances we have nobody like that in the squad at the moment.
Easy said than done but hopefully Jamie is on the lookout.

27/11/2023 11:36 am  #8

Can't remember ever seeing a player given a bottle of bubbly for signing on here.  Was that a part of the signing on deal?

Board footera