“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/12/2023 9:31 pm  #51

Re: What is going wrong with our football club

One half of our first season in the Combined Counties has been played and we are firmly positioned in the bottom half of the table: how’s it going Chris?

Members Club wrote:

As some members have asked for an explanation as to the current situation I will respond with a 'one off'. This being an unofficial forum this isn't the appropriate place for general communication of an official nature. The main board together with the MC board have fixed on a policy that we engage with those who have a positive attitude to what we are all trying to achieve. Unfortunately because so much that gets written here that is not based on any evidence but indulges in making unwarranted and untrue attacks on individuals there has been little incentive to engage.
So having got that out of the way I will attempt to give you an update. To give it any kind of context though it has to begin with what has gone before both with us and football in general, particularly how its financed. The fact is the money that comes into football has been syphoned up to the very top level, clubs lower down to fight over what is left. The further you go down the pyramid the less there is to spread around, hardly any club can survive on attendance income and some have resorted to bringing in wealthy directors who treat the team as a hobby until their enthusiasm runs out. Do a search and see how many clubs had money thrown into them and seemed to be going places that have gone in the other direction. That's not the policy at T&M.
If I see another entry about our good old days, I shan't know whether to scream or cry. Over 40 years ago the seeds of destruction were sown through the failure to modernise its practices, its infrastructure and running of its finances were outdated. These situations are a 'slow burn' so by the time we were due to leave Sandy Lane it was on the verge of liquidation, and having scraped through that we almost ended up doing the same thing by running football the same way as the 'good old days'. at the new ground.

So to now answer the question 'What is the plan' it is summarised in this statement T&M UTD FC AND IMPERIAL FIELDS have to be made financially viable in a sustainable way till long after both the current  leadership of S&L and the MC have retired. That is why so much effort and money has gone into getting the block of flats approved at the front of the site, a near impossible achievement. There is much more happening to make viability a long term reality so that the football club can have a future, whilst many others don't. The financial cost of running the stadium and Farm Road is enormous, making enough to cover those costs especially through a covid pandemic has been a massive challenge. The innuendo about tens of thousands being taken out of the club need to stop and if you are a true fan speak out against it when it comes your way. 
Following on from what Deepee shared the MC also has a place at the top table. I recognise you all want to know what is going on and you feel frustrated, but T&M is a business and its business has to be confidential. To balance that those fans that are members do have representation at the decision making level. That is through the the MC chairman who is appointed by the MC directors. That is currently me and my role is to represent the membership, fight its corner and also support or oppose the business plan. It comes down to whether you , as members, believe that you can trust me to be your eyes and ears.
So to the thing that part of the business you are really concerned about, the first team. Firstly I can tell you that there is not one person, from the very top down who is not really concerned at our results. The set up over the two past interrupted seasons seemed to be going well so what has happened this year has caught us all by surprise. Initially we thought it was a blip but that now seems not to be the case. I can assure you it is not an issue around money. Everyone is on the case to see how it can be be put right so please give your support. If you are one of those making abusive calls to the club then try offering some help instead and try from here on in to be both positive and objective and don't buy into silly comments.

Chris Woolley MC Chairman 

29/12/2023 9:45 am  #52

Really silly of you to ask a question like that Ev my old mate.

Dear Christopher cannot possibly answer you because it is confidential.

29/12/2023 10:15 am  #53

I’m sorry Stan, I forgot 😖🤫

29/12/2023 9:50 pm  #54

Ev, like you I will never go  to  Imperial fields again until they get rid all the cretins that created the current disaster. 

I will never forget the quote released after the club was taken over by "Del Boy."

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Not even the best non league/grassroots club in Merton lol

Board footera