โ€œThe Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fansโ€

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/5/2024 2:44 pm  #1

Welcome Home Simmo

Our first signing of the season for me is a big one.
A very big welcome back to Antonio Simeone who won Supporters Player of the year at Sutton Common Rovers FC last season.
At least we will score loads of corners now. I hope he is captain.
Welcome home big man.
Good work Jamie,Alex and Mark Hamms.

22/5/2024 7:53 pm  #2

Re: Welcome Home Simmo

Ummmm. Whilst I admire your optimism, losing Brennan and signing Coleman and Simeone hardly seems like a huge step forward. Take out Brennan's goals from last season and I reckon we'd be another 14 points down as well as heading for the worst goal difference in the division. Undoubtedly elements of romanticism with previous Tooting connections but not exactly pace and movement a plenty particularly with the prospect of playing alongside Penfold.

That's without mentioning only winning 1 of the last 11 games this season.

Apologies if I sound slightly grouchy (although I prefer realistic) but i'd much rather of read we've re-signed Dan Williams.....or someone else guaranteed to hit the back of the net with regularity.

I guess it comes back again to club ambition....which is why I'm guessing the wonderful Shay opted for Farnham.....someone on the up rather than perennial water treaders.

22/5/2024 8:48 pm  #3

I hear you Andy. But... Forget about Shey. We was never going to keep him mate. He is at least two leagues better than us. I heard a rumour Dulwich was interested in him. If so fair play.
As for us our budget is the same as last year. Jamie has worked his magic and got Simmo and Daryl on less money then they was on last season. I hear there is more to come.
This is what I have wanted for so many seasons.  I think other players will come now.

Last edited by Gary Walker (22/5/2024 8:56 pm)

23/5/2024 8:47 am  #4

That's good news to hear more are coming and Simeone and Coleman are definitely "club men" which is always very helpful. Also, they will I'm sure have a positive impact on the youngsters.

However, as said before firepower is going to be key to any ambition of play offs or better.

I think we did really well to keep Shay as long as we did especially in view of Farnham saying they were "regulatory monitoring" him during the season.

23/5/2024 12:13 pm  #5

Andy P wrote:

I guess it comes back again to club ambition....which is why I'm guessing the wonderful Shay opted for Farnham.....someone on the up rather than perennial water treaders.

An excellent  appraisal of our club.

23/5/2024 10:59 pm  #6

Apparently we are very close to announcing 4 or 5 step 4 players within the week.
This is a rumour I am starting here....
If or when it happens you know where you saw it first.

Jamie Byatt's Black and White Army!

COME ON TOOTING!

Ps. Remember Frank Wilson's second season? It takes a new manager one season to learn the ropes.

Last edited by Gary Walker (23/5/2024 11:01 pm)

24/5/2024 10:38 am  #7

Shamal Edwards has left Farnham!

24/5/2024 1:28 pm  #8

Edgeoftheb ox wrote:

Shamal Edwards has left Farnham!

ย 
I guess it depends if we need a left back rather than a striker who might have kept us up ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

That was tactical mastery at its finest ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

31/5/2024 7:01 pm  #9

Gary Walker wrote:

Apparently we are very close to announcing 4 or 5 step 4 players within the week.
This is a rumour I am starting here....
If or when it happens you know where you saw it first.

Jamie Byatt's Black and White Army!

COME ON TOOTING!

Ps. Remember Frank Wilson's second season? It takes a new manager one season to learn the ropes.

ย 
Any updates on this?

30/6/2024 4:01 pm  #10

Check the clubโ€™s official website,  youโ€™l be amazed!๐Ÿ˜ต

Board footera