“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/9/2024 8:03 am  #1

Further thoughts of long standing suffering fan Stefan

Regulars to the site may remember my email of the 7/8/2024. Well, let’s get real! 

Another cup exit, another defeat, dropping down our league and still no recognised striker,
with minimum support by our midfield.  It’s time to get real Tooting & Mitcham.

The results can’t continue. A change of management must surely be considered or lose
the support of the supporters who are not getting value for their money, watching their
team who have forgotten to score goals, and let’s them in the other end!

It’s as simple as that! If the results are not forthcoming, then the manager must go or
embrace boring football for the rest of the season. I’m personal not going to tolerate
that which is a shame, supporting a club since the days of Richard Cadette when
football was exciting and when we attracted players that had a desire and a want to
win attitude.  Attitude is everything, and if a player and management doesn’t have it,
along with the talent a player should have to play at this level, then serious talks need
to be had with player and management alike, and if a resolution can’t be found, then
one needs to be shown the door, for the benefit of the long-suffering supporter and the
club itself.  The club can’t endure another relegation battle at the end of the season!   

22/9/2024 8:23 am  #2

Re: Further thoughts of long standing suffering fan Stefan

I think that it is unfair to lay the blame at Jamie’s door.  We all know where the problem with club lies and until there is a change at the very top the club will continue to occupy the void that it currently finds itself in.

22/9/2024 9:21 am  #3

I am another long suffering supporter tearing out what little hair i have. We have no striker who will score us goals at present  it was only Shay Brennan who made us look half decent in that area last season. The only recruitments over the last few weeks have been defensive.

22/9/2024 11:00 am  #4

Totally agree with evthedog.

22/9/2024 4:42 pm  #5

I agree with you and Evthedog but with respect neither of you are able or wish to attend anymore and will not until Atkins leaves the building, some chance.

For some strange reason i  would still like to spend my Saturday afternoons along with Stefan and a few others following the team i have supported for over 60 years

I have sympathy with Jamie it seems an impossible task but when he signs another defender this week and we have no forwards of any note i find this strange.

23/9/2024 10:40 am  #6

Sadly this is another season over before the end of September. Out both the majoe cups, 5 defeats already in the league will make automatic promotion alomost impossible - with a play off place the only hope. 

I am not laying blame on anyone, but IF owner wants things to get better changes have to be made somewhere. 

23/9/2024 9:54 pm  #7

Ev, absolutely agree with you, Jamie was the fall guy used by Atkins to  keep the minions quiet, unfortunately it hasn't worked and poor Jamie is now suffering the consequences. But does any of this make any difference to an ever sinking ship?

24/9/2024 9:11 am  #8

Mikem wrote:

Ev, absolutely agree with you, Jamie was the fall guy used by Atkins to  keep the minions quiet, unfortunately it hasn't worked and poor Jamie is now suffering the consequences. But does any of this make any difference to an ever sinking ship?

No.

25/9/2024 4:28 am  #9

Carshalton Boy wrote:

I am another long suffering supporter tearing out what little hair i have. We have no striker who will score us goals at present  it was only Shay Brennan who made us look half decent in that area last season. The only recruitments over the last few weeks have been defensive.

He bagged 5 for for table topping Farnham last night.

25/9/2024 8:38 am  #10

While Tooting lost 3-0 at Wallingford in another cup competition!!!!

25/9/2024 9:29 am  #11

Mikem wrote:

While Tooting lost 3-0 at Wallingford in another cup competition!!!!

So we can now concentrate on league glory Mike🥇

25/9/2024 9:39 pm  #12

Sorry Ev, at least two other cup comps to  go:-

London Senior Cup V Wimbledon Youth Team
Surrey Senior cup    V Farnham, after a bye from the previous round.... So Bye Bye!!!!

26/9/2024 12:20 pm  #13

I read from the Guildford FC match report they refer to Tooting as "The Esteemed Visitors". All of that went down the pan in 2005, and confirmed by the esteemed goffer Mr confidential Woolley,, in his forum messages when he confirmed their was no place for the history of this once great club! Well the way the team is heading there may not be any history left.

It's amazing what clubs in CCL think of our team, these junior clubs must  be rubbing their hands together with the privilege of playing and beating Tooting! Little do they know!!!!!!!!!!!
These clubs have more going for them than the wreckage of Tooting. 

The immortal words published after the takeover  
Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)  

Also,When Steptoe and Sons (Not the forum Steptoe) tried to  take the club over, they made a video for social media announcing  they would be in the Football league by 2017. The video was swiftly withdrawn lol.

This is all beyond a nasty joke now.

26/9/2024 6:31 pm  #14

Mikem wrote:

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!

Does anyone know if the club is going to be organising anything to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this bold proclamation?

Board footera