“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/10/2014 9:40 pm  #1

London Senior Cup

Just a quick one to confirm the LSC at 19:45 tomorrow (Tues 28th) night, at Imperial Fields - I've scanned the board and it seems a bit quiet on the LSC (unless I missed something obvious, like I did researching historical grounds without looking at the T&M site ).....

Also admission £10?  I'd imagine it to be........though I haven't made many games recently (though hope to attend more now my working rota arrangements are different) I do get very excited about the London Senior Cup.  In my own little bubble this is the best competition going.  Hopefully we'll get to lift that huge Victorian piece of treasure at Imber Court next spring 

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

28/10/2014 12:50 pm  #2

Re: London Senior Cup

I'm a fan of the minor cups in general.  I just wish all the clubs and managers would treat these comps as something they would like to win.  Our recent finals have been great occasions - nobody at those games were thinking "this is a rubbish cup".

28/10/2014 9:51 pm  #3

.....and tonight's result is ??

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

28/10/2014 11:21 pm  #4

Not sure why, after your last miserable minor cup experience, you decided to attend Gary?
I'm sure your close contact with the manager and players told you that this would be an(other) opportunity for the young players to show their talents.
I sadly don't/can't get to Academy games so was looking forward to the opportunity.

The 2nd half was certainly an improvement on the 1st and I thought the players exhibited some fine skills and plenty of endeavour.
What was understandably lacking from the makeshift side was very much understanding.

Still, job done. Tooting go through to the next round. 
And I'm sure the players will have got plenty from the experience.

29/10/2014 8:07 am  #5

I didn't know that about the linesman, so we should be grateful that he managed to turn up at all.

On the game, there was very little teamwork.  So I ask, what was the point.  None of those players looked as if they could get into our "first team" based on that showing.  And that includes Hartburn, Knock and Marshall etc.  In other words, we didn't really learn anything about the young/new players.  Surely we'd be better slotting Felipe in alongside Graves, and Khan in alongside Alimi etc to see if they can actually raise their game to the level required.

29/10/2014 10:18 am  #6

London Senior Cup 2nd Round we are away to Erith Town who play in the Southern Counties East League.
Erith Town ground share with Cray Valley PM in Eltham.
No date yet.

29/10/2014 11:35 am  #7

A bit like watching the team before Craig took over.. Plenty of good indiviual skills but very little team work.
Saying that I thought Croydon defended well and their goalie made some good saves.

Still we're through and lets hope we can get a good run in this Cup.

29/10/2014 4:10 pm  #8

Whilst I was disappointed in the quality of the game, one issue in particular disappointed me most and that was when our no.7 Jordan Clark was spoken to by the referee regarding a foul and he could be heard quite clearly at the back of the stand, verbally abusing the referee using foul and inappropriate language, then he petulantly threw the ball away and then still continued arguing with the ref, if he can not keep his emotions in check at this age, perhaps he should consider plying his trade elsewhere. Perhaps he should forget about trying flashy tricks, which most of the time never came off, and concentrate on getting the basics of the game right, such as passing to team members when they are in a better position, or crossing the ball effectively. I hope Craig pulls him aside to explain that is not the way to behave, another ref might have at least yellow carded him or at worst sent him off. All this was only approximately tem minutes into the game.
Overall I personally feel that  only two of the young  players who were on show, will ever be good enough for the first team, on the showing tonight.
First half was particularly poor but perhaps that was due to not knowing each other, after the interval they upped their game and started to press higher up and with a bit more luck might have saved having the penalty shoot out.
Congratulations have to go to Harvey for the two saves, especially the second, which sealed the result, also his overall game, except his kicking sometimes which had a tendancy to go out to the left, but he should feel very satisfied with his nights work. Who says goalkeepers need to be a certain height?
I hope that for  the next round a slightly stronger team is put out as nothing breeds success like success, and personally I would not mind seeing the lads lift a trophy, even of some consider it to be minor, not me I might add.
I must agree with you Gary, thankyou to the linesman for turning up, when I am sure you would have preferred not to.

30/10/2014 2:00 am  #9

That video was blocked at work so could only watch it at home this evening.
Nothing like me at all Gary.  He is described as 'middle aged' which, despite my boyish good looks and flowing locks, is now only a distant memory for me.

Did Bill make the journey to Fortress KNK to check on the post holiday tan of Colin Hartburn?
Or was he perhaps running an eye over the promising youngsters in both sides?

A few comments above about none of that side ever making the 1st team. But we surely can't expect them to look the finished article at that age.moment  They will hopefully develop over time. As young Master Antonio did/has. And the more opportunities they get the more confident and comfortable they will feel.  A bit of patience is required.
Think of it as us starting on cocktail sausages Gary.  And now.......

14/11/2014 1:37 am  #10

Just wondering if there is news on the next stage of the London Senior Cup - the London FA site details a date of 10/12/14 but I believe (as explained to me by Andy Harrup) these are the 'to be played by' dates and may not be the actual game.  I've checked the Ryman site and no news of any teams in the LSC on there.

Seeing as Cray Valley and Erith Town are both showing a home game on the 10/12, I suspect this is not the final date - and interestingly enough, the Ryman site has Tooting & Mitcham playing itself in the Surrey Senior Cup (on Tues 02/12, I'm guessing this is Horley Town)......... 

Last edited by Plumpton (14/11/2014 1:40 am)

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

14/11/2014 6:26 am  #11

Hi Plumpton. There is no date for our London Senior Cup match at the moment.Erith Town have not contacted me yet to arrange the game.

Last edited by Andy Harrup (14/11/2014 6:27 am)

15/11/2014 2:20 am  #12

Hello Andy - thanks for the post.  I eagerly await the fixture 

Have to admit the FA site does seem a bit misleading - something handy to remember in future.  Quite looking forward to going to Middle Park as it indeed is a mere bus ride on the 122 from Plumpton (ok, Plumstead).........

Board footera