“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/6/2013 8:46 am  #1

The Coming Season

Could this season be the most important in the clubs 80 odd year history ?

I am fully behind Craig Tanner as new Tooting boss, he deserves a chance, as they all do, he,s got his work cut out though, Adkins record this last few seasons where managers, budgets, people skills, etc, are concerned, is appalling. 
T&M are still a big name in non league, and there are still many decent candidates throwing their hat in the ring when the job becomes available, despite us having the worst owner imaginable.
Craig must know what has been going on at the club, he,s taking a big gamble, maybe he thinks its too good a chance to turn down.
A breakaway club looks to be probable now, and for good reason, Adkins attitude towards the football club has been scandalous and he could pull the plug anytime. This season has the potential to be great, if Craig can attract players of decent standard who will play for the shirt, start the campaign well, and inject some much needed  feelgood factor into the club.  It also has the potential to go bad very quickly, he has very little time to get a team together, a bad start could put him under extreme pressure, not good for an untried, inexperienced manager.
The future of our club seems to me to be balancing on a knife edge, and could go either way, a breakaway club is understandable and an insurance policy, I,m fully behind the club as it is, but if a breakaway club is formed, as is very likely, they would get my support as well.

An interesting season ahead for sure.

Last edited by Andy Mc (15/6/2013 8:48 am)

15/6/2013 11:02 am  #2

Re: The Coming Season

I share Andy's views on this.

Craig Tanner was one of the club's finest leftbacks (and a top geezer) and fully deserves all the fans' support. He will have his work cut out but let's get behind him.

The immediate and long term aim of the club must surely be stability and continuity. Without that, it will make little difference who manages the team. I have scarcely given promotion a second thought since we went down. If we achieved it, it would be a massive bonus and something to celebrate, but it would not cure the cancer that afflicts this club.

Even those of us who have struggled to keep up with the tale of turmoil behind the scenes can draw their own conclusions from the constant turnover of managers, players and other club staff: a recipe for chaos and collapse if ever there was one. 

We need a revolution behind the scenes with complete transparency and accountability and full supporters' involvement. It may be that ultimately we can only achieve that through a breakaway club, but I can't bring myself to turn my back on the old bastard yet, and I will be sticking with Craig Tanner's black and white army.

15/6/2013 11:26 am  #3

Re: The Coming Season

We are all football supporters, so logic doesn't come into it.  And we'll grasp at any piece of news and put a positive spin on it.  So, like you, I'm looking to a (nother) fresh start, with the hope that Craig can build a team that we can recognise and get behind.  I would consider this season a success if I'm not scanning the results of the bottom 6 every week with the worry that we will be joining them.

Board footera