“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/6/2013 8:18 am  #1

Nice work Mr. Tanner

Good early work from the new Gaffer, he's persuaded Lee Hall to stay for the coming season albeit on a greatly reduced wage. Hally's a proper Tooting boy, likes the club, likes the fans, would like more money, commited and can play a bit. I wish we had a few more like him.

Well done Craig.

19/6/2013 9:58 am  #2

Re: Nice work Mr. Tanner

Pleased about that.  Lee often goes under the radar because he's not a flashy player.  I think mark Beard brought him here, so he's survived 5 managers so far, and they have all included him in their 1st teams, so he must bring something to the table.

Apart from Behcet, who we are unlikely to see again, I wouldn't mind seeing Taurean Roberts again.  I'd like to see if Craig can get more from his undoubted ball skills.

And I also see promise in Bamossa Cisse, so I wouldn't be disappointed if he turned up again next season.

19/6/2013 12:25 pm  #3

If Taurean is as greedy with money as he is with a ball at his feet I guess we've seen the last of him given the huge reduction in wages available. Yes, undoubted ball skills and I remember in the 1-0 win at Walton & Hersham last season he ran himself into the ground. Somebody just needs to teach him when to cross the bastard thing.
Darren as I understand it has already signed for East Thurrock United ( more of which in a moment ) but here's an interesting stat for you......look at last season's results towards the end,before the victory at Crawley Down on the final day our only 2 previous victories in something like 16-18 matches were both when Nic Taylor was in goal ! If Becs has gone I hope we can keep hold of Nic.

Now then, East Thurrock United ? what the fiddlesticks is that all about ?? what is so laudable about uniting the Eastern quarter of Thurrock that you would name a football team about it eh ??? The same goes for North Greenford United, was the Northern quarter of Greenford split into loads of different factions at one point ? Now, Tooting & Mitcham United, yeah, I get that, uniting 2 seperate towns, perfectly understandable but couldn't the good folk of East Thurrock and North Greenford chosen a Rovers or an Athletic or a Rangers ? Better still if they really wanted to be called United then get the whole of fucking Thurrock and Greenford to play together. There, got that of my chest.

20/6/2013 5:01 pm  #4

Christ! Good news at last, after what we have had to endure this close season It puts a whole new perspective on the upcoming season, which a little while ago was not so promising, well done to all those people associated with this promising situation.

21/6/2013 10:11 pm  #5

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Darren as I understand it has already signed for East Thurrock United ( more of which in a moment ) but here's an interesting stat for you......look at last season's results towards the end,before the victory at Crawley Down on the final day our only 2 previous victories in something like 16-18 matches were both when Nic Taylor was in goal ! If Becs has gone I hope we can keep hold of Nic.

A big shame he has moved on... A great player and if it hadn't been for him this could have been far far worse. Nice bloke as well... The Little man has two pairs of his gloves which Darren gave to him at the end of last season. Anthony now wants to be a goal keeper because of him. Good call about Nic Taylor.... another top bloke who played well for us when he did get the chance to play. and who also looked out for the little man at games.. Putting him in goal for the team v supporters game at the end of the season.... Fingers crossed...

Board footera