“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/6/2013 8:01 pm  #1

What is an unincorporated association?

Dear Members Club

http://tootingtruth.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=81&page=1

Last edited by lillythelink (19/6/2013 7:24 pm)

10/6/2013 8:30 pm  #2

Re: What is an unincorporated association?

Space Oddessy is okay to listen to

But maybe we now need a bit of membersclub Oddity

GROUND CONTROL TO MEMBERS CLUB

YOUR CIRCUITS DEAD, THERE`S SOMETHING WRONG

CAN YOU HEAR ME MEMBERS CLUB?

Can You Hear Me Members Club?

can you hear me members club?

http://thebogend.wix.com/tmwfc

Last edited by zonecross (10/6/2013 8:32 pm)

19/6/2013 7:27 pm  #3

Dear Zonecross

I don`t think the members club can hear you

They certainly can`t hear me

Just a simple question is going unanswered

19/6/2013 8:03 pm  #4

See    https://www.gov.uk/business-legal-struc … ssociation 

"6. Unincorporated association

An ‘unincorporated association’ is an organisation set up through an agreement between a group of people who come together for a reason other than to make a profit, eg a voluntary group or a sports club.

You don’t need to register an unincorporated association, and it doesn’t cost anything to set one up.

This isn’t a legal structure, so the association won’t be recognised by the law. Individual members are personally responsible for any debts and contractual obligations."

Simples !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

20/6/2013 7:43 am  #5

DeePee

Your reply is mostly correct

But the bit about "the Law" needs clarification.

You are RIGHT that individual members are personally responsible for any debts and contractual obligations - SO if the members were persued for either would it not be LEGAL PROCEEDINGS that would take place? So "the Law" of the land regarding litigation would recognise the UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATION.

The Inland Revinue and Her Majestys Customs and Exsise recognise UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATIONS and both have many registered with them for Tax purposes.

And then there is the small matter of the Football Authorities. Any football club has to have an entity and the Football Association have a blue print "constitution" that can be used by any club wanting an unincorporated association as it`s entity.

It is not compulsory for a club that has an unincorporated association as it`s entity, to use the FA`s blue print constitution, but anything other than their blue print must be approved including any changes made from time to time.

Tooting and Mitcham Football Club was formed on 25th March 1932 to facilitate a proposed amalgamation between Tooting and Mitcham Wanderers Football Clubs.

The amalgamation took place on 11th April 1932.

There have been many changes to the constitution of this unincorporated association since, including two name changes.

All the changes that HAVE taken place to this constitution since this unincorporated association was formed on 25th March 1932, HAVE been approved by the football authorities.

However it should be noted that the proposed "change" to the constitution that was supposedly approved by it`s members on 25th July 2005 was most definately NOT approved by the football authorities. It was rejected by both the Ryman League and the FA.

Before I tell you more why don`t you ask the members club for clarification of why the Ryman League and the FA refused to allow the proposed "change" to the constitution.

While we all wait for a responce from the members club just have a look at the chronology of events around that time:-

2nd June 2005   

The unincorporated association held what they described as an EGM. This was a proposal for a "Merger of interests to achieve the Vision of The Hub"

26th June 2005    

A company called - the hub @ tooting & mitcham Limited - was incorperated at Companies House - this company was limited by members guarentee.

30th June 2005    

A company called - Tooting & Mitcham United FC Members Limited - was incorperated at Companies House - this company was limited by members guarentee.

25th July 2005   

The unincorporated association held what they described as an AGM. Item 8 on the agenda was to "make a change to the club`s constitutiion to make it become a limited company"

24th August 2005   

The unincorporated association held what they described as an EGM. This was brought about because the Ryman League and FA had refused to ratify the outcome of the meeting billed as an AGM that had taken place on 25th July 2005.

1st September 2005

The entity of T&MUFC (now known as TM United) was transferred from the unincorporated association that was formed on 25th March 1932 and transferred to a company that had been incorporated on 20th September 2000. This company is called Tooting & Mitcham Sports & Leisure Limited and is limited by shares. This was described at the time as a "Merger of interests to achieve the Vision of The Hub"

Last edited by zonecross (20/6/2013 7:45 am)

21/6/2013 8:19 pm  #6

Bolty.  BORING!

22/6/2013 9:15 pm  #7

Yawn - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bolty & Zonecross, get a life and go and "wander" off to play with your new toy elsewhere and leave this Forum for true "United" fans !

.........unless of coursse that you actually run this site ?

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

25/6/2013 7:22 am  #8

No......I am Spartacus.

Board footera