“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/7/2013 8:35 pm  #1

Banstead Saturday

420 bus from Sutton gets you to the ground if you don't fancy the train......:

420 Saturdays towards Whitebushes      

Sutton, Bus Garage                             13:32        
Sutton Station                                      13 :41        
Belmont, Downs Road                        13:46        
Banstead, Marks & Spencer               13:53       
Tattenham Way, Reigate Road           13:59        
Merland Rise, Sports Centre               14:03       

420 Saturdays towards Sutton      

Merland Rise, Sports Centre                  1647    1743     1842
Tattenham Way, Reigate Road              1653    1749     1846
Banstead, Marks & Spencer                  1659     1754     1851
Belmont, Downs Road                           1705     1759     1855
Sutton Station                                         1711    1804     1900
Sutton, Bus Garage                               1717     1809     1905

20/7/2013 8:03 pm  #2

Re: Banstead Saturday

Score ??  Report ?? Enjoyable ??  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

20/7/2013 8:14 pm  #3

Perhaps no one went.

20/7/2013 8:41 pm  #4

Another win under our belt, this time 3 - 0, scorers, Sol again, a penalty which at first the keeper got his hands to but our ( I think ) no;10 who took it , was following up and put the ball away, afraid I was at the opposite end for our third goal, but it came from a very good passing move involving four of our players.
Banstead were a very weak side, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. The first half performance saw our keeper not have a save to make as it was all one way, the second half was a repeat of Tuesday, where the several changes which were made upset the rhythym again, and the home side had their best spell of the game, but once we got into our stride again our better football won through. All in all another promising performance with some good individual performances, but the most encoroging thing is the players are prepared to battle for each other and are all talking to each other, something which has been sadly lacking these past few seasons. Wednesdays game should be a real test as Norwich won the youth cup so this should be a real guide as to how good we really are, bring on the Canaries, lets hope we give them a good plucking!

Last edited by alanj (20/7/2013 8:42 pm)

20/7/2013 10:11 pm  #5

Cheers Alan, see you there.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

21/7/2013 8:20 pm  #6

I don`t know if you agree with me "Gary" but for me the man of the match ( or first half  ) was Anthony Barden, our new international!, I dont think there was not a blade of grass he did not cover in the middle of the park, he never gave up if on the rare ocassion he was disposessed, and his passing was first rate, If Lee Hall and he sign for us, then I would hate to have "Craig`s" job of picking who would start, personally I would choose Barden, alongside Harry Knock. I feel the rest of the positions are pretty much self selecting, and although the keepers spot seems to be David Wilkinson`s it will be interesting to see how he deals with "Norwich" on wednesday as so far he has not been tested.

22/7/2013 12:35 pm  #7

Like yourself Gary, I share your optimism, but then it is about time we had something to cheer about.
I hope the left back was away on holiday , and not released, at least if he comitted himself too earl;y he had a turn of pace to get back, hopefully Craig Tanner will let us know tonight, what with his views for the season, and Steve Adkins views for the facilities, should be an interesting meeting.

Board footera