“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/4/2013 1:08 pm  #1

Average Attendance

I love that quote......''statistics are like bikinis, what they reveal are interesting but what they conceal are vital.'' Don't know who said it but it makes you think doesn't it ?
Tooting's average home gate for Ryman league matches this season is 201 which puts us in 8th place in the division. The average gate for our away league games is 294 behind only Maidstone (398) and oddly Sittingbourne (296). It's hard to see us attracting a healthy attendance against Sittingbourne in our final home game so we'll almost certainly average under 200. As relatively poor as this seems, this would make us the 2nd best supported team in the Ryman league North, only AFC Sudbury (210) can better it.
Have we ever averaged under 200 before ? I doubt it very much.

I love a stat, me.

COME ON TOOTS !!!!

12/4/2013 8:29 am  #2

Re: Average Attendance

We must have some of the best travelling support... Normally taking between 30 plus to most away games which seeing as where we are in the league is really good.

Only Dulwitts and Maidstone have better I should think.

See you Saturday.... In sunny Tolworth....

12/4/2013 8:48 am  #3

Don't know the exact stats, but I'm pretty sure that the season or 2 before Keith Boanas arrived, the crowds were around the 125 mark.  Definitely seemed very sparse on the crumbling Sandy Lane terraces.

12/4/2013 11:54 am  #4

Coincidentally Endo 125 is exactly the crowd we had on Saturday against Walton &     Hersham.

H, you are spot on mate. The main reason our away games are so relatively well attended is because our travelling support has held up really well under the circumstances. It genuinely warms my cockles when I walk into an away club bar and I recognise half the faces in there. Let's hope we get a good turnout at Casuals on Saturday, it's reasonably local and it's a crunch game. I can picture it now......The Bog End massed under the covered end behind the goal at the final whistle cheering off the lads after a thrilling victory which seals survival as the players, to a man, applaud us for our vocal support.

I really ought to get out more !

12/4/2013 12:14 pm  #5

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Coincidentally Endo 125 is exactly the crowd we had on Saturday against Walton & Hersham.

H, you are spot on mate. The main reason our away games are so relatively well attended is because our travelling support has held up really well under the circumstances. It genuinely warms my cockles when I walk into an away club bar and I recognise half the faces in there. Let's hope we get a good turnout at Casuals on Saturday, it's reasonably local and it's a crunch game. I can picture it now......The Bog End massed under the covered end behind the goal at the final whistle cheering off the lads after a thrilling victory which seals survival as the players, to a man, applaud us for our vocal support.

I really ought to get out more !

Well it would make a nice change from me trying to stop the Little Man crying and swearing while everyone storms of to drown their sorrows...
Poor sod has a lot to learn about football.

Board footera