“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/8/2015 9:18 pm  #1

T&M 0 Corinthian Casuals 3

We were well beaten. Casuals were by far the better team.

11/8/2015 10:28 pm  #2

Re: T&M 0 Corinthian Casuals 3

Good VIDEO of some of the attacking play produced by the Terrors during the second half:

http://youtu.be/UD9A7mqGSqM

12/8/2015 5:34 am  #3

Very disappointed the way we played last night. There did'nt seem a plan at all. I thought that we gave them too much room especially down the flanks. We deserved what we got ' nothing' . Was not over impressed with them but they did the job. Hope we can do better on Saturday.

12/8/2015 5:39 am  #4

I agree with Geoff.  A poor performance.  Long passes/ over the top balls played when a simple tap to a player in space would have done.  Dan was in a very good position on the left twice in the second half last night but was ingnored b the playing of a more risky ball that did not work.  We looked toothless up front in the second half and I think that the wrong forward was substituted at half time.

Last edited by evthedog (12/8/2015 8:40 am)

12/8/2015 7:11 am  #5

To be honest we never looked like scoring. We were poor to say the least. I suppose we have to be patient as there are so many new players in the team. Passing was shocking with far too many long hopeful balls. At the moment why did we get rid of Craig, but lets wait and see after a few more matches. Mind you Forzoni didn't get much of a chance! I didn't see any of the friendlies however I thought we had some new names that were missing tonight and maybe have gone for good? Is Paul smith coming back, his photo is in the programme? Obviously someone sees something in Frank otherwise he wouldn't have got the job. Lets hope they are right.

12/8/2015 8:09 am  #6

I'm not given to hyperbole, but that was the worst performance since we dropped down to this division.  There was so much wrong with the display last night, and so little right.  We created virtually nothing.  A soft Baxter shot in the 1st half was our only shot on target.  And the only well constructed attack was the drive by Summers which set up Pinnock to blaze over.  The set pieces were atrocious - there were 3 or 4 freekicks or corners that went straight out of play without a Tooting player anywhere near the ball.

It didn't look like we had a plan.  Were we looking to play forwards into the channels? Were we playing the long ball, looking for the flick on?  Were we attacking the flanks and trying to get crosses in?  Were we tying to play through the middle?  I don't know.

I felt sorry for Trevor having to choose a man of the match last night.  As one respected golden-goal seller said to me on the way out - he would have given it to one of the unused subs.

12/8/2015 8:38 am  #7

After looking forward to the game, it was so disappointing. This has got to be one of the worst games I have witnessed for a while. The passing was non-existant, the attack threat poor, constantly log balls being lumped up field. Why is Dan Summers not starting?.
The service to Summers was poor and you had to feel sorry for him and if he isn't going to be our first choice striker, I fear he will leave.
Our defence was cut to piece's orthough losing the ball in dangerous area's didn't help.
And the final critism is saved for the goalkeeper, did not look conviencing.
Please let this be a start to the season where strange results come, but at the moment it does look blieak!

12/8/2015 8:43 am  #8

Lets get some perspective here its only the second game of the season! Give it time.   

12/8/2015 9:26 am  #9

Casuals came with just one aim,
To upset all the odds
And then went home with all 3 points
The rotten bleedin' sods

A lone voice on the terrace
Cried out all on his todd
" Bring back Craig and Adam "
It was that of Lee The Mod

It's one man's fault for that defeat
And it's certainly not Ken Dodd's
Take a bow Alan 'Ashtree' J
You upset The Football Gods

12/8/2015 9:31 am  #10

LAST NIGHT THE PERFORMANCE WAS POOR-BUT THIS CAN BE PUT RIGHT.HOWEVER,WHAT WORRIED ME BEFORE BOTH THE EAST GRINSTEAD & CASUALS GAMES WAS THE NON INCLUSION OF LEON L.DELL.WHEN A PLAYER OF HIS ABILITY TO RUN AT DEFENCES & GIVE ACCURATE PASSES TO CREATE OPENINGS IS LEFT ON THE BENCH UNTIL THE LAST 30 MINUTES OF A GAME,I DO WONDER ABOUT THE MANAGERIAL FORESIGHT.WE WATCHED TJ & SOL CONSTANTLY HAVING POOR FIRST TOUCHES ON THE BALL & BLASTING ANY CHANCES WE DID HAVE INTO OBLIVION.
I DO FEEL SORRY WE WERE UNABLE TO SIGN ATKINS(EX FOLKESTONE) FOR WHATEVER REASON-IF IT  WAS ABOUT MONEY,SOMETIMES THE BUDGET USED FOR A COUPLE OF PLAYERS IS BETTER SPENT FOR ONE MORE EFFECTIVE.IT IS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS.
WATCH OUT FOR MICHAEL SOLAKO-PACEY & CLEVER.I HOPE THEY PERSEVERE WITH HIM.

12/8/2015 9:34 am  #11

An awful performance, and like others I reckon it was our worst since ............... yonks ago.
Why Dan doesn't start is beyond me, he may look lethargic but that's his nature, he just bangs in goals for fun IF he's fed the right balls ! (No, Mr Ultra, not those sort......)

"What's happened to Daryl Siaw and Sol Patterson-Bohner?"
Siaw was suspended - back in contention for Saturday, and I think (??) that SolP-B had picked up an injury.
I'm wondering where Ashley Robinson was  - we shall see.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

12/8/2015 10:09 am  #12

The problem was everyone thought that their job was over as soon they hoofed it forward. no-one took responsibility for the creative play!

take a look at some of our attacking throughout the second half:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD9A7mqGSqM

12/8/2015 12:01 pm  #13

Not much that can be added to the aforementioned, except to say, what has happened to all the promise shown pre-season, we were a shadow of the team which played in the Casuals Vase.
Could it be that now we are into the real games, the confidence has gone, Saturday was not convincing but last night was abysmal.For me the one stand out player was Harry Knock, he gave his all, but of course he needs help, where was the midfield, once again we never asked enough of the keeper, and I certainly do not blame Dan as he missed most of the pre-season and is still getting his fitness up.Not wishing to be controversial, and I know it was not his first season in charge, but our passing under Craig and Adam, especially at the begining of the season, was far superior to what has been witnessed during the first two games.But it is early days and it is obvious that some of the players who have featured so far, have just not stepped up to the plate, so hopefully things will/must improve, or a playoff spot is most unlikely

Last edited by alanj (12/8/2015 12:02 pm)

12/8/2015 12:24 pm  #14

What a shame you had to raise the 'why did we get rid of Craig?' option Benchey.
Even Gary Walked has held back from declaring the season already over and we should follow his usual patient, balanced and reserved example.
As Ollie reminds us - ONLY THE 2ND GAME IN.

Lack of original and creative play was the problem last night with Sol and TJ well contained wide.
Fully agree Leon is the natural one to provide this. 

After trying one set of strikers on Saturday I also had fully expected to see the greater physical of Dan Summers and Gareth Chendlik last night.  But clearly Frank and Mark have otrher ideas at the moment.
But we will need to adapt our play accordingly.

4 bookings last night? And 3 were for stupid dissent I believe.  That needs to stop quickly..

12/8/2015 1:02 pm  #15

BEU, I have atoned for my sins against the "FOOTBALL GODS" by sacrificing a replica of them, I have thrown a handfull of worms into the koi pond, that should dispel their anger and Saturday will see the true Terrors return.

PS​ could you let Joe know i will not be around for the 22nd or the 29th.  cheers buddy, see you Saturday

12/8/2015 2:44 pm  #16

Nice work Ashtree, I hope it does the trick, that performance was abysmal. I felt demoralized when I got indoors last night (not least cos the cat had shat on the hall carpet) but I can't see what it is we're trying to achieve (unless it's relegation). Still, early days, perhaps we wont all feel so deflated after Saturday when yours truly has the onerous task of picking a Man of the Match.......I wonder who will be on the bench ?

I'll let Joe know he's on the old bone-shaker with me on those 2 dates.

Cheers Mate

12/8/2015 3:09 pm  #17

Like you buddy, left the ground deflated after the pre-season optimism, i can accept losing but not the way we lost last night, but early days and hopefully, another training session and the return of a couple of the players who were not there last night, and things will improve Saturday. By the way, what is carpet? coming from the south side of the fair green we only have lino.

12/8/2015 3:36 pm  #18

alanj wrote:

By the way, what is carpet?

It's that stuff DeePee's old lady knits his cardigans out of 

12/8/2015 3:49 pm  #19

Oh no it's not - it's the stuff that Bondy's rug (oooooooh, sorry - WIG) is made out of !

12/8/2015 8:28 pm  #20

Now I am even more confused

13/8/2015 12:22 am  #21

58 years young and, out there in the glare of the floodlights with my fork, you might just have caught some shimmer off the single silver hair.
I can understand the envy DeePee

13/8/2015 8:16 am  #22

59robbery wrote:

Well that was well worth rushing home 4000 miles for!

The curiosity is killing me. Only one city on the entire planet is EXACTLY 4000 miles from London.....Indianapolis in the USA. But I suspect old 59er may be talking a few miles either way which opens up the possibility he was in either New Delhi or Mumbai (formerly Bombay) India, Nairobi in Kenya or even possibly our very own Serge Makofo's birthplace Kinshasa in DR Congo.

Come on Pod, where were ya ? My money's on Mumbai for some unknown reason.......perhaps because it's the only one of the 5 that's actually nicer than Pollards Hill Estate 

13/8/2015 10:04 am  #23

You spent your holiday in an "Ashtray" ?? 

13/8/2015 10:29 am  #24

59robbery wrote:

But I'll give you a clue. You need to think about AlanJ's nickname for you.

There's a place called c*ntyb*llocks !!!!! I'm amazed What country is it in ?

13/8/2015 10:57 am  #25

I am thinking cricket pod, but I'm stumped if you'll pardon the pun. 4000 miles west puts you in mid USA but I can't think of anywhere with a cricket connection.

oooh,oooh, West Indies somewhere ?? How far's that from here ?

Board footera