“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/7/2013 11:34 am  #1

Hypocritical Forum and the Future

I find the whole thing about all the various forums which have been under the Tooting & Mitcham United Football club totally hypocritical!

The original forum was closed down due to undue pressure from the hub due to the many postings which were near to the mark, but sadly basically true.  At one stage there were outrageous postings not only by fans, but also those associated with the hub. Eventually the owner of the forum bowed to pressure from the Hub and Members Club and closed it down. Then we have Chezzer who jumped in and started his own forum who faced the same pressures, and contrary to belief censored postings on his forum under duress.
 So, he started again with all threats and warnings, and to his credit held his nerve until it all came to much for him. He then handed over to someone called Alan, (We’ll never know who this strange creature was!) who made veiled threats about who he would run the forum, this only lasted a few days and he too throw the towel in.

Basically all the above forums were under some censorship from the club and the hub.  
We now have a forum set up by a True Tooting fan, and like all who read these forum message, are true fans of the club like you and I. This despite all the unsavoury and horrendous situations since 2005 and even before. I thought this new forum would be truly independent but recent postings have proved otherwise.
If Deepee’s message was censored, then this not a truly independent forum!

Deepee totally lost his rag due to posting by Bolty referring to TMWFC. DP is entitled to say what he wants which involves the Football club. However up to a few weeks ago Deepee was posting messages criticising the Members Club (Has he seen the ghost of Chris- tmas Woolley!), would this have allowed on a club run forum.

Also the admin person on this forum justified the censorship of Deepee’s message on the gorunds libellous comments. No action was taken when postings referring to the way the owner of the Football club operates the various Government fundings received, and references to a female member of the operating company being shagged by a reserve team player(s).

A new club TMWFC which Deepee refers too, has been set up by disillusioned fans, sacked ex staff, and some who just want to  see a true club run by the fans. I have been a lifelong fan of the Terrors and will remain so, even after the deplorable and disgusting situations hoisted on this once famous Football Club. However, I do wish the new club all the success for the future, and lets hope they continue down the path with the good intentions which started this club.

Remember they all supported the original club, given the past situations it does not surprise me this has split has happened. What they have achieved in such a short time is unbelievable, and puts TMUFC to shame. Imagine if all these individual efforts and ideas had been embraced by our own club.

So, any unofficial  forum in the name of TMUFC should be run by a truly independent TMUFC  fan , not beholding to  anyone,  especially the owner, Members club, or a member of TMWFC, and operated with decorum.  We have had so many forums now it’s an embarrassment, we do not want another new one. Remember this forum filled a  vacuum at a very critical time for the Football Club, even when DeePee was against spouting his views about the members club.

My suggestion is this forum be handed over by the current Admin person to truly independent TMUFC  fan. DeePee here is your chance to  prove you are still one of us.  

Last edited by Mikem (25/7/2013 12:50 pm)

28/7/2013 10:06 pm  #2

Re: Hypocritical Forum and the Future

I cannot control all the content on here all the time. I would love to spend all day on here reading every comment and analysing its content but time is against me.

If I leave this forum to evolve on its own I think I am truly being independent but however still have a responsibility.

If people choose to write TMWFC stuff on here then that is their prerogative. If I remove it, that too is censorship.

As it was eluded to on here before, it was claimed that this forum was being hijacked by TMWFC supporters / sympathisers / whatever you want to call them, but as you can see, they have made their point and have given us the option to keep an eye on 2 teams instead of one and now they are gone.

If you really think about it, the only ones who should really be watching with caution is Dulwich Hamlet. I saw on a non-league forum that some of their fans said, 'oh no, we got another one to deal with'.

Maybe it's something that could be embraced, like they keep saying too, 'we're not against the club but the people who run it'. They don't slag off players, coaches or staff and Mikem is quite right in what he says above when he says that what they have achieved should be commended. He is also very correct when he says imagine if it was still at our club?

We have had so much talent at various levels and positions and everything is still the same.

What TMWFC are asking and from what I see trying to convey the message of 'from what has gone on down there and the people who have been in and out the door, ask yourself this. What is the common denominator down there and who is still there?'

Pretty easy to see really.

Keep posting ladies and gents

Board footera