“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/8/2013 6:29 am  #1

TMUFC 2 Crawley Town IX 1

Another competent, solid and disciplined display from the stripes.  To be honest we had more chances than Crawley with Sawyer and Pinnock both missing good chances in the first half.  Knock hobbled off in the first half.  Hopefully he is ok.

The goals came in the second half with Crawley hitting the net first after the ball was lost bringing the ball out of defence.  However, we equalised under virtually the same circumstances at the other end with Sol Pinnock smashing the ball home.  We then won the game with a run into the box and a fine finish.  I was not able from my vantage point to see who scored it though.

Lee Hall played well again and seemed to be playing some sort of floating role, however, he was replaced in the second half by Jason Cheadle who played an absolute blinder.  I have not seen such pace and quick feet from a "big bloke" in a long time and I hope that he stays with us.  The substitutions in the second half did not seem to upset our rhythm and being the team from the lower league we probably deserved to win.

Lastly: welcome back Colin Hartburn.  A usual solid display from him.  He seemed to fit into the line-up well and even managed to win a free kick whilst leaving the opponent spread-eagled on the ground!  Some things don't change!

03/8/2013 6:45 pm  #2

Re: TMUFC 2 Crawley Town IX 1

And a good time was had by all! looking forward to Hythe next saturday. I think the current squad of players aree the best we have had for some time since George and Billy. Sol Pinniock and Lee Hall are different players, with Sol seeming to have found an extra yard of pace. The whole team now seem to want the ball, and more importantly when they lose it are prepared to graft to get it back, long may this rejuvination continue.

05/8/2013 9:04 am  #3

Re: TMUFC 2 Crawley Town IX 1

all looking good I agree. need to hit the ground running in the league. momentum is key.

Board footera