“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/9/2015 9:01 pm  #1

Carshalton

All I can say is that I'm in a bus stop with Fretters and thoroughly disgusted.  People slag off fans for being thugs, tonight they were dressed in red on the pitch

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

07/9/2015 10:08 pm  #2

Re: Carshalton

Their number 5 and 6.  The latter in particular.  How do you sleep at night?  Bringing the game to such a despicable level.  Not only being aggressive and uncontrolled to our players but also to our fans behind the goal too - suitably aided by the ref and linesmen.  I'm absolutely disgusted.

We battled well and robbed on the chance.  The beautiful game?  Not a chance this evening

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

08/9/2015 7:07 am  #3

Got home and the "Little Man" burst into tears... Horrible way to lose a game in which we deserved to come away with something.

He very rarely gets that upset but when the water works start it's pretty bad...

We played and fought as a team... Not pretty but it was good to see how well the team defended. A shame to loose in that manor....

08/9/2015 11:02 am  #4

Can anybody give me Tooting's line up for last night's game, please?

08/9/2015 11:26 am  #5

While feeling that a draw would have been a fair result on the evenings play, once again we just did not work their keeper enough, of the two, Adam had considerably more to do.
Jamie ran his heart out but his frustration was there for all to see, how many times did he make some good runs, only for them not to be spotted, either by defenders or our midfield.
We still have this irritating habit of hoofing the ball out of defence, only for it to wind up with a member of the opposition and so start another attack against us, when we will learn to pass it out from the back? it also gives the defence a break.
It certainly was not the worst we will ever play, but with better passing, and feeding our proven goalscorer, the result could have been different.
I can understand the bitter feeling about their number 6, but if he had been wearing a striped shirt, he would have been man of the match, nothing was getting passed him and whatever it took he made sure it did not.
Gary I agree our no. 10 did not have his best game, but his previous two he looked a handful.
Hopefully Saturday the lads can put it all right, and get back into playing the game to feet, lets face it all the time you have got the ball there is no much the opposition can do to hurt you.

08/9/2015 12:13 pm  #6

Overall Carshalton dererved to win the game-they created a lot more chances.The good points-I thought we defended well & look to be building strongly in that area.I thought Simeone was first class and looks exceptional in recent games.My undoubted man of the match was Billy Marsall,who gave everything,was involved in all aspects as both a ball winner & creative midfielder.The team seems to have quite a lot of talent.& when Leon is fit I hope it is realised by Frank & Mark that he should be first on the team sheet.The thing that I was most disappointed with,was how the first half was wasted because of team selection.It was obvious we had no pace or height up front while Michael Salako sat on the bench throughout the whole game.I like Jamie Byatt-he gives his all but if we think that forward line up will make us a major force in the league,I feel this is a complete mistake.Finally,I thought Curtis looked very dynamic & attack minded when he came on but I do wonder for how much longer Sol Pinnock will be an automatic starting choice on his current form-he seems to have lost pace & ability to take defenders on.

08/9/2015 8:33 pm  #7

i agree with your take on the match.thought we were good until final third.jamie will run all day and chase every lost cause,but we still need striker.sol is frustrating.im big fan of billy marshal,gives his best all over the pitch.great player.so why wasnt salako used?

09/9/2015 9:42 am  #8

sorry to hear about tears.thats not good,and i must admit i was very upset to get beat in 93/94 mins.i havnt been to many tm matches over last few seasons.made a comback this year.after the first game which got me hooked again,2 shocking results made me think of retirement again.i do think theres a good team there just needs bit of tweaking.i think we did pass well first half,and though did go long 2nd half,that did seam to cause them problems.jamies never going to win the headers though.any thoughts??

09/9/2015 12:15 pm  #9

Hackbridge Harry wrote:

Got home and the "Little Man" burst into tears.

He wasn't the only one Harry......I went to my mates funeral in the afternoon, watched us get beat in the 94th minute and just to rub salt into the wound, me and Joe missed the 127 bus by about 30 seconds and had to wait 28 minutes for the next bastard . Talk about kick a man while he's down !
                                          Waaaaaaaahhhhh

09/9/2015 1:48 pm  #10

Mike and Alan make some excellent points but my question is this
Have we improved if we have only beaten one team above us in the league so far - Carshalton? or is it too early to say ?

09/9/2015 3:27 pm  #11

edge of box -------- Tooting & Mitcham Utd line up against Carshalton

Adam Faith,Sol Patterson-Boner,Ollie Treacher, Darly Shaw,Antonio Simeone, Ashey Robinson,Billy Marshall, Brendan Mcvey-Murphy,(Kurtis Pykes), Jamie Byatt,Serge Makofo, Sol Pinnock (Jake Baxter)
other subs not used---Mike Salako, TJ Nkoma , Jordan Cheadle

09/9/2015 9:15 pm  #12

Cheers Penzance54!

09/9/2015 10:21 pm  #13

Bog End Ultra wrote:

He wasn't the only one Harry......I went to my mates funeral in the afternoon, watched us get beat in the 94th minute and just to rub salt into the wound, me and Joe missed the 127 bus by about 30 seconds and had to wait 28 minutes for the next bastard . Talk about kick a man while he's down !
                                          Waaaaaaaahhhhh

Boggie I'm gutted to hear that you had a bad day - I went to a mates funeral myself a couple of weeks ago (was only 33) so know how trying it must have been, with the evenings happenings as well.  I would agree it never rains........

Also sorry to hear on Little Man being upset too, I wasn't in a very good mood after the match - apologies for my negative posts to start this thread - next time I'll wait until I get home as opposed to posting on the forum via my phone from various bus stops while in that kind of mood on the way home.  Lesson learnt.  Glad that the thread had some good opinion and information on the match afterwards, top stuff from our regular posters.  

Last edited by Plumpton (09/9/2015 10:22 pm)

11/9/2015 7:59 am  #14

I have to admit I was deeply disappointed with that report.......He never told us what filling he had in his Baguette.

11/9/2015 8:11 am  #15

Can't believe that he chose to snub the Wetherspoons either.

11/9/2015 8:06 pm  #16

good match report,very fair i thought.he even said about jamie being 5 foot,which i said before.looking forward to some fa cup stuff tomorrow.

11/9/2015 8:37 pm  #17

He may only be five foot "Casey" but he can certainly jump, and the opponent will certainly know he is there.

Roll on tomorrow 

11/9/2015 11:45 pm  #18

Bog End Ultra wrote:

I have to admit I was deeply disappointed with that report.......He never told us what filling he had in his Baguette.

Tim Marcus wrote:

Can't believe that he chose to snub the Wetherspoons either.

But - he did big up the world famous, world class Circle line - funnily enough I had come from there that day too.......

Board footera