“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/9/2015 5:23 pm  #1

T&M 2 Farnham Town 1

Byatt and Murphy-McVey with the goals. A bit of a struggle really.

Last edited by Tartan Terror (13/9/2015 7:47 am)

12/9/2015 5:55 pm  #2

Re: T&M 2 Farnham Town 1

Their No.9 Matt Glass was the best player on the park. He looked to have the lot and reminded me of John Hastings. His goal was a work of art and a pleasure to see.

Last edited by evthedog (12/9/2015 5:59 pm)

12/9/2015 11:47 pm  #3

So pleased to see our passing game continue to develop.  And today we saw the ball getting forward via the midfield rather than over them from the backs.
Against Carshalton we saw Robinson sitting behind the back line and today we saw the restored Knock sitting in front of it.
Good for the side to have this flexibility.

Lovely pass to make the first goal from Billy M, who is becoming increasingly empowered and creative, well taken by Jamie who could / should of had at least two goals today and was, as always a shiny example with his effort.
Sadly we then got a bit tentative and rather lost momentum.

We were coping pretty well at the back with their long balls forward and then started to get in a pickle in the 2nd half with more than one defender challenging for the same ball.  What changed?

Brendan came on late to add a welcome touch of class by just doing simple things very well. And some extra energy that resulted in his goal.
(His month long loan must be up very soon.  What is the situation Andy?)

Fully agree with you about their 9  Ev. Fine display of forward play.
Always looked comfortable when having receiving the ball and holding it up.
Thankfully lacked similar standard support.

Three grand banked for that effort.  Onward and upward.

Last edited by Bondy (12/9/2015 11:57 pm)

13/9/2015 10:10 am  #4

This was my first Tooting game for quite a while due to changes in work commitments so I was interested to see how the team shaped up.

I thought there were some real positives , agree with Bondy regarding the passing which I think would be even better if the passes were a touch firmer. We seemed quite content to roll the passes when a pass with a bit more pace gives the receiver that split second more time.

Thought Busy worked hard up top & could've had a couple more , Billy Marshall did well in the middle and Murphy-McVey had some good touches. He'll need to be careful as he goes through his career with that rolling his foot over the top of the ball stuff because someone will try & snap him in half!!!

A good win , money in the pot & hopefully another good draw.... But had Farnham had their shooting boots on then it could've been a much different story

13/9/2015 1:56 pm  #5

Durrand Jemmott Fan Club wrote:

But had Farnham had their shooting boots on then it could've been a much different story

Indeed it could DJFC, in fact the aforementioned number 9 (Glass) missed an absolute sitter to make it 2-2 from an identical chance to the one Jake Baxter blasted over the bar from in the first half, Glass managed to steer his opportunity wide of the right hand post. To say it would have been easier to score from both chances would be an understatement.....I'd go as far as to say I'd have buried both chances with the end of my knob OK, perhaps not, but you get my drift.

13/9/2015 2:47 pm  #6

Brendan is registered with us for the season 😆

13/9/2015 3:33 pm  #7

glad brendan here for longer,looks good player.i think we have some talent in midfield.2 wide players need to provide more.agree billy and busy our best players yestaday.

13/9/2015 4:01 pm  #8

Thought we should have been three up at the interval.  A good goal by Farnham kept them in it and then Brenday scored a cracker when everything seemed to stop still when appeals were made for offside.  Didn't like the sight of our defence in panic mode in the last ten minutes.  Think we missed the power and industry of Ashley Robinson today - hope he's back soon.

Noticed a message on Twitter from Gareth Chendlik - where is he now?

14/9/2015 8:22 am  #9

Michael Solako given another fair chance-5 minutes.Leon Lalor Dell wasted on the bench after being loaned to Redhill for a couple of weeks-amazing.Let's remember the quality of opposition last Saturday and assess the performance truthfully.I can't believe the forward line-up in our team-2 very small forwards will not do the job.We now have some important away fixtures and if we do not take a good points tally from these,our situation in the league would look to be very disappointing.

14/9/2015 9:31 am  #10

The most important thing was that we won, go through to the next round and bank a vital three grand.
The performance was in different, the first twenty odd minutes we looked good, then it started to waver.
There goal was a well taken goal, but the defence more or less gifted them the chance, caught out again by a quick break away, just like at Carshalton and suddenly it looks worringly tense.
The score could quit easierly been 5-5 if all the chances had gone in and we could've lost the game.
A better team, the likes of Folkstone, Guernsey, Hastings or Faversham would have destroyed us. Clearly Farnham in a lower league did lift there game and played well and that probably contributed to the display of at times nerves, unease and mistakes. When our goalkeeper kicked the ball straight to one of there players I feared the worst (he does not give me confidents between the sticks).
Still we are in the next round, a good chance of progressing furthur and winning extra prize money, that's all that matters not the way we got there.

14/9/2015 3:18 pm  #11

Gareth Chendlik turned out for Redhill at the weekend - and scored in their 5-2 defeat against Guildford.  Don't know whether its a loan or permanent move.  Also in the Redhill team were Harvey Cheadle, and a blast from the past, Darrell Teasdale.  In the Guildford team there was a certain Matt York at the back.

14/9/2015 3:50 pm  #12

Thanks for this information Endo

14/9/2015 3:58 pm  #13

Redhill's manager couldn't have been too impressed with his team's performance on Saturday as he has just resigned!

Board footera