“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/8/2013 7:13 am  #1

No '&' and strange sightings!

It seems we have dropped the '&' from T&M but if applying for a season ticket it appears again!
Were my eyes deceiving me, do I need to go to Specsavers, did I not see Steve Adkins getting on the tram at Mitcham just before 2 heading for Wimbledon?
Did I not see Martin Hazelwood at the match yesterday?
Well apart from these sightings the match proved less exciting. A poor performance against a poor team. 0-1 down at half time from then on the result was never in doubt. We had some half chances in the 2nd half but then the inevitable happened a quick breakaway a couple of minutes before full time and they went 2 up.
Sol Pinnock was voted, quite rightly, man of the match, but we do need him playing a central role and not on the wing. Danny Morris didn't seem up to the challenge, 2 subs were brought on but made little difference.
So the anticipated first win will have to wait until Tuesday and our first home win on holiday Monday, one hopes.
Attendance 190.

18/8/2013 11:53 am  #2

Re: No '&' and strange sightings!

You shauld have reported the Wimbledon sighting to  the authorities as a UFO. Maybe it was from Mars!

You also missed Nigel Woods who was at the game.

I Like your brief match report, it's about all you could say about the Match.  I will add the game was awful, the ground was completely soulless and without atmosphere! The Highlight of the day for me was Statler and Waldolf's TeaBar. Full of life and action, the passiing of the drinks and pies were excellent, a well organised team and great value for money.

The crowd was declared at 190, I am gobsmacked. There seem to  be less at the match than the Herne Bay game. Perhaps they counted the Academy players?

18/8/2013 4:32 pm  #3

Re: No '&' and strange sightings!

190? don't make me laugh.at least 110 of them were academy players and families that get in fir nothing and I would say 50 were opposition supporters.soulless quite rightly no atmosphere and nothing to watch football wise. by the time it was full time there were about 90 left in the ground. poor poor poor. i think we all know where this is heading.

Board footera