“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/8/2013 8:49 am  #1

Crowd Numbers

the disappointment v herne bay were the crowd numbers. what do the club actually do to promote the club in the local area with regards to the first team football? nothing i dont think. we need to realise they cant be bothered with football. what rugby fan would be? a statement from someone in the members club said the main reason craig tanner was appointed manager was a strategy to bring in younger crowds to get the community more involved or something like that. looks like we have just been given a lot of spill again to take the heat off the pressure. i dodint know wooley was a property developer too. must be why he and adkins are useless at football together.

16/8/2013 1:37 pm  #2

Re: Crowd Numbers

Like you BOR I also sometimes got frustrated at what had gone on in the past, but this is now and after the last couple of meetings I feel more optimistic of the future. I do not think it fair to critise people Like Chris Wooley because without people like him we would not have a saturday to look forward to, so be grateful, or take it over yourself if you think you can do better, I am sure he would be appreciative because then like us he can just turn up on a saturday and enjoy, or not, the game. So come on give him some credit and the others like him.

18/8/2013 4:46 pm  #3

you look forward to saturdays and now wooley is the new messiah? what has he ever done for this football club? someone please tell me.

18/8/2013 7:57 pm  #4

A damn site more than some of the people who post on here.

19/8/2013 9:13 am  #5

sorry i meant what has he done positively for this club?. you are right tho he has done loads. i am not in the habit of digging people out but the comments and statements from the members is so transparent and without verve that you can see right thru them. At the meeting they spent more time on what the club will look like physically with new buildings and what it will generate for the club. didn't we hear this before with the 3g pitches and from when we first moved down to imperial field? there are so many questions that are avoided and the season is now in full swing and we are really no better off are we? i am going to give it a couple more weeks. certain people that used to post on here were dead right.

19/8/2013 9:16 am  #6

bumped into a friend yesterday when i was watching some good grassroots fotball and he did a head count at the ground saturday and he said it was 127 where did they get 190 from.

19/8/2013 11:10 am  #7

Bog end it is easy to make statements without back up, financially it would not make sense to inflate the attendance, think of the revenue implications. I think you missed the point of the meeting, it was precisely that, to give us all an idea of what is going on at the club, the football side is Craigs side which he answered fully and I for one buy in to what he had to say, now we can see what transpires, I wish him all the best, for both his, and our sake.

19/8/2013 5:40 pm  #8

their would not be any revenue implications as they could all be concession age and therefore allbeit accounted for all declared as null or nil. lets all do a head count next time we are there and we will all know. academy players and families get in for nothing numbers or not is that good for the club?

19/8/2013 6:09 pm  #9

Jesus! BOR do you not trust anyone?

Board footera