“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/10/2015 1:56 pm  #1

Tilbury Away

A new ground for me so I'm quite looking forward to it. I've been on Google to see if there are any decent pubs in Tilbury and it appears to be a bit of a drinker's wasteland. There was a JD Wetherspoon's called The Anchor which appears to have been closed down and boarded up and the only other one is The World's End which is a 6 month walk from the ground. Interestingly the 2 nearest pubs listed to The World's End on Google are both in Gravesend but I wasn't planning on taking my dinghy. Looks like it'll have to be the clubhouse. 

30/10/2015 2:03 pm  #2

Re: Tilbury Away

Let`s hope they have the football on TV if not we are buggered, and probably no draught ale

30/10/2015 2:44 pm  #3

And just in case anyone was thinking about taking the ferry - you can't. Essential maintenance work etc.

30/10/2015 4:01 pm  #4

Looks as if we will be swimming "Cricket", don`t forget you mankini

31/10/2015 5:00 pm  #5

Just looking forward to a replay on Tuesday as my last game for a while and.........penalty for them on 90 mins!    Bugger.

Guess after Simmo was sent off on 78 it was largely backs to the wall.
Look forward to reading the report.

Last edited by Bondy (31/10/2015 5:01 pm)

31/10/2015 5:19 pm  #6

It looks like Netto was repsent off in the 90th Bondy: possibly relsulted in the penalty.  I am looking forward to the report too.

Good luck Bondy.  I look forward to seeing you back with a sexy hip wiggle

31/10/2015 5:53 pm  #7

Didn't exactly sound like a particularly friendly game then!!!

In fact, according to some who were present, there was a somewhat unwelcoming atmosphere there!!!

Last edited by fretters (31/10/2015 5:57 pm)

31/10/2015 7:35 pm  #8

Game played in an intimidating atmosphere both on and off the pitch. The referee was very weak, and the abuse the linewomen had to endure from the handful of Tilbury fans, was disgusting. Tilbury played in their Black and white stripes, very confusion, and Tooting played in their Cadbury’s Milk Tray kit.

Overall this was a dour game played on a slow and uneven surface in front of a very poor attendance. Tooting looked the livelier of both teams and scored first through Chedlik, only for Tilbury to equalise minutes later through a dreadful mistake.  Tooting looked more likely to score breaking with pace. 1-1 at halftime

Tilbury made a substitution with their no 16 entering the fray, he immediately started to niggle our defence with late tackles, and was to be the man who changed the game.  10 minutes from the end with game looking to be a draw, No 16 took a late flick at Simone, and after the ball was launched up field Siomone decided for some retribution by kicking the 16 right in front of the lineswoman.  There was no doubt this was an immediate red card, and he had badly let the Team and the few fans Tooting fans down. He had achieved his objective, and Simone the complete idiot fell for it. This stupid challenge changed the whole complexion of the game,

A disputed penalty was then given away, with the ball not in a dangerous position, in the area but on the by-line. And guess who was involved in the incident, No16 again.

2-1 Tooting still tried to charge forward, but then another stupid retribution tackle on No16 by Neto, who was already on a Yellow card ,  and was sent off as well. The No 16 was in heaven, and was laughing and goading Tooting players for falling for his gamesmanship.

Overall an improved performance, but there still a long way to go. Thanks to the stupidity of 2 defenders we could have earned a replay at the very least. The last day of October and we are out of both our major cup competitions, again.

31/10/2015 8:14 pm  #9

at least we can concentrate on the league now - get well soon Bondy 

31/10/2015 9:23 pm  #10

...........Maybe Causels was a one off..........

Ah ha - a 'Walkerism ! ' - causels !!  Only one person we know calls 'em that  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

31/10/2015 9:43 pm  #11

TT would you by any chance be a relation of our Mr. G Walker, I noticed some similarities in the spelling?
I felt that in the first half we were slightly the better team, c ertainly the team playing football to feet, whereas their main tactic seemed to be to hoof the ball upfield and try to catch out our defence, but no luck there, until after we had scored our first goal, which by this time we should have been two nil up, Gareth had a much easier chance early on, a header, which he tamely headed into the ground and the keeper collected easily, but his goal was well taken from a cross from the right ( players name escapes me).
Their goal came from a defensive error where there forward easily beat our defender to cross the ball, a soft goal at a bad time, having just taken the lead.
Tilbury started the second half the brighter, as you would expect of the home team, but after their initial burst of enthusiasm, we came back in to the game and I felt looked the more likely to score.
Being at the opposite end, the penalty looked a fair decision, a rash challenge gave the referee an easy decision, which he took.
I still felt we had enough to at least get a drawer, we were still dangerous around the box, but lacked that killer finish, even when "Simmo" left the field, the ten men still never gave up and kept pressing but once "Neto" got a red, that was just one more player down too many.
Overall I feel the lads never let either themselves, or the few travelling supporters down, the passing again was good, but it was too much to expect a repeat of the Tuesday evenings efforts, but no shame in this defeat.
The referee I felt had a poor game, and appeared intimidated by the atmosphere around the ground, from a few of the home supporters, I would think he was probably pleased when he could award the penalty as
 It meant  he would be able to walk of the pitch with a certain degree of safety.
Oh well, roll on Saturday when hopefully we can carry on this positive style of play, the team and the management can take a lot of positives from this game.

Last edited by alanj (31/10/2015 9:43 pm)

31/10/2015 9:44 pm  #12

You beat me to it DeePee.

31/10/2015 10:03 pm  #13

Shame on you Gary, and there was me thinking you were a real "Tooting" supporter, even If I do not always agree with your views.

01/11/2015 9:26 am  #14

Not at all buddy, just do not want to see more people going elsewhere, but that is your choice.
What I will say is, the experience of watching another team in place of one that you have followed through thick and thin, good times and bad, could never be the same.
Good luck, hope to see you again.

02/11/2015 3:32 pm  #15

A match that could have been won & at the very least should have been drawn! I'm afraid we fell for the sucker punch when their no 16 came on & proceeded to foul & aggravate everyone around him.He succeeded with Simeone,who let himself & the team down by giving him a clump in full view of the asst.ref.His departure obviously upset Netto who decided to kick their wide player into orbit-very sensible.Even with 9 men we did not seem likely to loose until Sol P.B. upended one of their forwards going away from goal in the penalty area-again vey sensible & goodbye to £3250.However,we did play pretty well apart from these 3 ridiculous passages of play.
I must say Tilbury FC were an absolute disgrace in the way, not only their supporters but particularly their bench(all of them) threw disgusting abuse at the young female asst. ref.It was sickening to hear them so aggresively insult & abuse her to put pressure on her-,just about sums them up.The referee,who I think was very wary of them,should have made it quite clear to their bench that it would not be tolerated.

02/11/2015 3:56 pm  #16

Tilbury.......It makes Phipps Bridge look like Belgravia. The first thing we saw was a Pikey camp with a loose horse grazing by the roadside beside two emaciated geese drinking from a puddle. A little further and we spot a Chav with his baseball cap on back to front and a Pitbull with a leather studded collar. It turns out this was the 'posh' part. We arrive at the ground and there are notices on the clubhouse doors warning drug users they will be banned for life and reported to the Old Bill if they are caught using drugs on the premises, same notices on the bog doors. Bit of a culture shock.

02/11/2015 7:22 pm  #17

Thought we were OK, played reasonably well in difficult circumstances. 

Those difficult circumstances include: 
- Bumpy pitch with the grass left deliberately long.
- Horrible bunch of players looking to wind us up on ever opportunity
- The worst set of fans I have encountered. Quite intimidating and sexually abusive towards the female lino, which I thought was disgusted. 

We did quite well too cope with the above scenario. I'm not saying we are angels

Ultimately though, we lost our discipline and payed for it in the worst way possible...by losing the game. 

We were naive to let their foul tactics get the better of us, but it happened. 

Thought we played reasonably well. A few good additions to the squad. I thought the left back and centre mid were good. Gonna guess names are Gavin Q and Chase O (?). I could be mistaken. 

Does anyone know if we still have Ollie Treacher and Harry Knock with us? Haven't been seen for two games, so I fear the worst It'll be a shame if we've lost them, Ollie is a decent left back. Harry also wore his heart on his sleeve and was good when played in the right position...i.e. CB. (He is not a right back)

02/11/2015 9:17 pm  #18

Both, I think you will find, are injured.

02/11/2015 9:27 pm  #19

Attendance 101, fair report on their web site, but funnily, no mention of the foul mouthed abuse from their dugout, must be the norm!

03/11/2015 8:40 am  #20

You have to take your hat off to their supporters, that was the first home game this season where they've had over 100 (albeit only just) and when you take into account around 25-30 of those were Tooting fans, it was quite an achievement for that few home fans to generate such a poisonous atmosphere. I guess that's what living in Tilbury does for you ! If I lived in Tilbury I'd be permanently angry too !! I genuinely didn't think places like that still existed, it reminded me of Alan Bleasdale's ' Boys From The Black Stuff ' Merseyside but without the glitz and glamour. Tilbury, completely untouched by human civilisation and only 10 minutes from Gravesend......by smoke signal.

03/11/2015 9:45 am  #21

And it's full of West Ham supporters. 

03/11/2015 10:09 pm  #22

Sorry "Tiny" I do not think that kind of posting is appropriate on this forum, if you are gay or black, and a heterosexual white male posted comments like that, you would be up in arms.

Board footera