“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/11/2019 5:57 am  #1

A Stain on the season so far ?

Took the Mrs to see back to back homes games last night with expectations. Dominant start and early deserved goal but as the half progressed had the gut feeling that Staines would equalise......and they did. Second half, best say politely, very disappointed. Having only been to a few games this campaign I don’t have the right to complain or compare with this seasons performances thus far .Thought the Staines manager was entertaining with his verbal rants which must have worked. Enough said.

20/11/2019 11:12 am  #2

Re: A Stain on the season so far ?

Have to agree, last night was very poor against a below average team. Looked like world beaters for the first ten minutes, but the remaining eighty......
Think we only had three shots on target the whole match.
Need an out and out striker urgently.

20/11/2019 1:22 pm  #3

We,ve needed a dependable goalscorer for years, but a proven striker costs money, which our ever shrinking budget won,t stretch to.

We,ve had a few one season wonders over the last few years. Who was the last real predator we had. Paul Vines ?

20/11/2019 5:49 pm  #4

Hi Andy Mc, the great Nicky Glover from the mid 1970,s Tooting and Mitcham squad springs to mind as a pacey predator especially with his runs from the half way line when booted up field by the keeper !!! Great memories !!! Great goal scorer !!!

20/11/2019 9:32 pm  #5

Some good points and I hope the mini home form slump ends soon. Remember we are still unbeaten away from home in the league.
That said, the pitch has taken a battering from the weather in the last 2 months and of course the amount of games that have been played and are to be played in the coming weeks.
I wonder if that was a reason for the amount of long balls being playing against Staines in the second half?
It's plastic on Saturday and time to find some form again.

"Cornelius and Ashley's Black and White Army"
"Cornelius and Ashley's Black and White Army"
"Cornelius and Ashley's Black and White Army" ...

Board footera