“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/1/2021 2:14 pm  #1

The passing of a Terrors legend

Really sad news this week, Kenny Holder a local Mitcham lad and Tooting legend passed away a few days ago.  Kenny was a great clubman working his way through the junior and reserves teams before making his first team debut in 1960/1961.

09/1/2021 10:20 pm  #2

Re: The passing of a Terrors legend

So sorry to hear of Kenny Holder`s passing. He was my favourite player when I first started to follow Tooting, more so than Paddy Hasty, and that is saying something. Always gave the game his all. My condolences go to his family at this very sad time

11/1/2021 8:58 am  #3

Kenny had finished before I started going and although his name was mentioned from time to time I think the success of the late 50s players possibly diluted his prominence.  Also, being a defender, he probably didn't get the recognition that he deserved.

11/1/2021 12:49 pm  #4

really sorry to hear this very sad news kenny really was a tooting legend and i feel privaliged to have seen him play many times a local lad who always gave 100% whenever he turned out for the terrors
condolences to the family rip kenny.

13/1/2021 11:50 pm  #5

Kenny joined us in the difficult 1960-61 season and immediately established himself as the right back replacement for the legendary John Harlow. He went on to make almost 300 league appearances  in the 1960s. including an amazing sequence of all 38 matches in 3 consecutive seasons 1965-66,.1966-67 and 1967-68. We have had more celebrated players over the years but have we ever had a better club man? I am proud to have a  framed photo of Kenny defending alongside Alex Stepney with myself and my father as background spectators !  

Board footera