“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/4/2022 4:19 am  #76

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Surely a must win for Toots against second bottom Chalfont St Peter to raise some dignity in our failing club, but then again…..? 

02/4/2022 9:38 am  #77

Hi Steptoe, The process of the Football Team losing it's dignity was  way back in 2005, when Sports and Leisure were formed. And all dignity was lost with the full takeover in 2005. Everything gets worse year by year! 

A win today at Chalfont St Peter is totally meaningless, even winning this dreadful low level league is meaningless.

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

02/4/2022 10:58 am  #78

Mikem wrote:

A win today at Chalfont St Peter is totally meaningless, even winning this dreadful low level league is meaningless.

Especially if Westfield pick up points……

It amuses me the admin has put a link to the CCL (carrot crunchers league) table in the home page!  To be fair, from a venue and area perspective the CCL isn’t a million miles from what T&M are in now…..

The Isthmian SC division - suburban grimness and misery 

02/4/2022 4:04 pm  #79

Interesting results at the bottom of the table today for Toots. Three needed points is most welcome but is it all too late as Westfield also won?

02/4/2022 4:30 pm  #80

Toots smashing Chalfont must make us favourites for promotion next season!

02/4/2022 4:31 pm  #81

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Interesting results at the bottom of the table today for Toots. Three needed points is most welcome but is it all too late as Westfield also won?

Yes a lot was riding on Westfield really……the third-from-bottom rankings are now (in PPG)

Newcastle Town (Northern PL West) 0.97
East Grinstead Town (Isthmian SE) 0.97
Cinderford Town (Southern S) 0.90
Tooting & Mitcham (Isthmian SC) 0.88
Witham Town (Isthmian N) 0.85
Kempston Rovers (Southern C) 0.85
Sheffield (Northern PL East) 0.81
Histon (Northern PL Mid) 0.61

So if T&M keep this position in the table there’s a chance they will avoid the relegation playoff, they’ve gone up the rankings since last week, but still indeed all to play for….

03/4/2022 10:55 am  #82

Can someone kindly confirm that Toots away game vs Sutton Common Rovers on the 6th April will be played at Leatherheads ground? Thanks in advance!

03/4/2022 1:30 pm  #83

As far as I know.

If you haven’t seen the goal from yesterday on social media yet it’s well worth a look.

03/4/2022 2:03 pm  #84

Can someone kindly confirm that Toots away game vs Sutton Common Rovers on the 6th April will be played at Leatherheads ground? Thanks in advance!

I didn’t know that but you’re spot on, the Pichero Isthmian site showing it.  My main memories of that ground is that the food was bloody good and Bill Hill pulled a goalies shorts down……

03/4/2022 4:17 pm  #85

Thanks BRASSNECK and BERNIETHEBOLT.

04/4/2022 8:53 pm  #86

Thanks BRASSNECK and BERNIETHEBOLT.

No worries, another great seventies name, I’ve been asked if my username is anything to do with Bolty but no, I just picked it in a moment of nostalgia

06/4/2022 6:31 am  #87

Tonight’s game tonight could be recognised as Toots “Last chance saloon” attempt to gain some pride and hope if they  win tonight! Good luck lads and make us proud again!!!

06/4/2022 9:07 pm  #88

Gutsy performance from Toots tonight particularly in the second half. A well deserved win, “ relegation, what relegation, we are on the up” !!!

07/4/2022 6:39 am  #89

Yes steptoe i agree a gutsy performance and well done to the team but dont get carried away lets hope that this horrible horrible season serves as a wake up call to the powers that be.
Firstly Steve Adkins must now abandon his his ill fated policy of trying to use the first team as a youth club,
Secondly ask Ashley Bosah too concentrate on coaching the promising young players we undoubtedly have at the club.
Thirdly get rid of the agents leeching on the club as we dont get anything as a club when young players move on..
Fourthly and most importantly bring in a manager with a proven record for this level of football and someone
who has contacts at this same level to bring in the seasoned players to hopefully lift us up a level or two,and whilst i hope these things all come about i am not that confident that any of this will happen and if we just carry on next season in the same manner the end result will probably be the same.

HOPE YOUR PAYING ATTENTION AT THE BACK MR ADKINS.

07/4/2022 9:46 am  #90

Rest assured Dan, that the Insane Clown Posse are virtually certain be running things next season.

Last edited by evthedog (07/4/2022 10:33 am)

07/4/2022 11:11 am  #91

Surely some people must have noticed that when one half of the useless chuckle brothers had gone we then provided 2 good wins. JUST SAYING.

07/4/2022 5:02 pm  #92

Hi Dan, Putting the last two back to back wins into perspective and our last game of the season against Staines, this month will see Tooting playing our fellow bottom dregs of this awful league. What an achievement.

Ev,, Agree with every word  of your comment. At least Adkins will save a salary after the sacking of Cornelius. We know he’s pleading poverty all the time, the chuckle is on him!

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

08/4/2022 11:33 am  #93

daniel collins wrote:

Surely some people must have noticed that when one half of the useless chuckle brothers had gone we then provided 2 good wins. JUST SAYING.

You’ve had exactly the same thought I had, though agreed I’m not sure Chalfont and SCR is a good marker for comparison.  Bedfont Sports tomorrow is though!

Things changing at the lower end of the table, but I never thought Chalfont and Staines would change position really, the real danger was that playoff position but that should be ok now…..

09/4/2022 9:11 am  #94

THREE points today Toots , repeat last Wednesdays gutsy performance, BELIEVE  and the WIN will never be in doubt !!!!

09/4/2022 10:49 am  #95

Hopefully today can be used to build upon the rest of the week - relegation isn’t an issue now.  Staines have five more games and are on 14 points, and Chalfont have four more and are on 18 points, even if they win all of them they can’t catch up T&M’s 31…..at least I don’t have to look at the other leagues and work out the PPG anymore : ))

Granted the difference between 13th and 17th places is only two points so there may be a lot of movement in the table, Staines and Chalfont really are up the creek and a paddle at this stage is no good.

10/4/2022 6:10 am  #96

It seems from a previous report yesterdays game did not go well with the same lack of opportunities and lethargy dispayed too often this season in particular. From what others have said Toots is safe from relegation but what of the future ?!

13/4/2022 7:49 pm  #97

Now the Isthmian site is showing this update about the South Central:

'Due to failed ground grading inspections, two Clubs will be relegated to Step 5 (subject to appeal) and so the previously prescribed mechanism for the filling of vacancies at that time will be impacted.

In addition, and for clarity, Whyteleafe FC’s resignation happened after the Isthmian League AGM but before the end of the playing season and so they will be classified as a relegated Club and this will also have an impact on reprieves.

We will endeavour to provide a further update on promotion/play-offs/reprieves/Inter-Step Play-Offs/relegation when communicating the Inter-Step Play-Off fixtures on Sunday 24 April 2022.'

So - Whyteleafe are classed as a relegated club so this leaves one relegated club and one for the play offs - but - two teams are being relegated for ground grading…..so is it just these two teams and no play off (a nod to the previously prescribed method there is a bit of a hint though!)?  Also does anyone know the two teams who failed ground inspections?  Admittedly T&M are safe but this league situation is still a mess…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (13/4/2022 7:50 pm)

13/4/2022 9:35 pm  #98

The 2 teams that are to be demoted are unknown at the moment but 1 seems to be Welwyn and the other may be Colney Heath. I think the idea is to simply move these teams to the bottom of their division and carry on the same relegation/playoff arrangements

14/4/2022 12:23 am  #99

endofthelane wrote:

The 2 teams that are to be demoted are unknown at the moment but 1 seems to be Welwyn and the other may be Colney Heath. I think the idea is to simply move these teams to the bottom of their division and carry on the same relegation/playoff arrangements

Great, thanks for that - the South Central heading made me think it was two teams in this league, cleared that up loads, great stuff.

16/4/2022 5:27 pm  #100

Both Toots and SCR where on the receiving end of loses today. How was Toots performance? Seemingly the cryptic situation in the lower leagues is Toots saviour in staying up but at what cost  , changes and future?

Board footera