“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/4/2022 6:31 am  #76

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Tonight’s game tonight could be recognised as Toots “Last chance saloon” attempt to gain some pride and hope if they  win tonight! Good luck lads and make us proud again!!!

06/4/2022 9:07 pm  #77

Gutsy performance from Toots tonight particularly in the second half. A well deserved win, “ relegation, what relegation, we are on the up” !!!

07/4/2022 6:39 am  #78

Yes steptoe i agree a gutsy performance and well done to the team but dont get carried away lets hope that this horrible horrible season serves as a wake up call to the powers that be.
Firstly Steve Adkins must now abandon his his ill fated policy of trying to use the first team as a youth club,
Secondly ask Ashley Bosah too concentrate on coaching the promising young players we undoubtedly have at the club.
Thirdly get rid of the agents leeching on the club as we dont get anything as a club when young players move on..
Fourthly and most importantly bring in a manager with a proven record for this level of football and someone
who has contacts at this same level to bring in the seasoned players to hopefully lift us up a level or two,and whilst i hope these things all come about i am not that confident that any of this will happen and if we just carry on next season in the same manner the end result will probably be the same.

HOPE YOUR PAYING ATTENTION AT THE BACK MR ADKINS.

07/4/2022 9:46 am  #79

Rest assured Dan, that the Insane Clown Posse are virtually certain be running things next season.

Last edited by evthedog (07/4/2022 10:33 am)

07/4/2022 11:11 am  #80

Surely some people must have noticed that when one half of the useless chuckle brothers had gone we then provided 2 good wins. JUST SAYING.

07/4/2022 5:02 pm  #81

Hi Dan, Putting the last two back to back wins into perspective and our last game of the season against Staines, this month will see Tooting playing our fellow bottom dregs of this awful league. What an achievement.

Ev,, Agree with every word  of your comment. At least Adkins will save a salary after the sacking of Cornelius. We know he’s pleading poverty all the time, the chuckle is on him!

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

08/4/2022 11:33 am  #82

daniel collins wrote:

Surely some people must have noticed that when one half of the useless chuckle brothers had gone we then provided 2 good wins. JUST SAYING.

You’ve had exactly the same thought I had, though agreed I’m not sure Chalfont and SCR is a good marker for comparison.  Bedfont Sports tomorrow is though!

Things changing at the lower end of the table, but I never thought Chalfont and Staines would change position really, the real danger was that playoff position but that should be ok now…..

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

09/4/2022 9:11 am  #83

THREE points today Toots , repeat last Wednesdays gutsy performance, BELIEVE  and the WIN will never be in doubt !!!!

09/4/2022 10:49 am  #84

Hopefully today can be used to build upon the rest of the week - relegation isn’t an issue now.  Staines have five more games and are on 14 points, and Chalfont have four more and are on 18 points, even if they win all of them they can’t catch up T&M’s 31…..at least I don’t have to look at the other leagues and work out the PPG anymore : ))

Granted the difference between 13th and 17th places is only two points so there may be a lot of movement in the table, Staines and Chalfont really are up the creek and a paddle at this stage is no good.

10/4/2022 6:10 am  #85

It seems from a previous report yesterdays game did not go well with the same lack of opportunities and lethargy dispayed too often this season in particular. From what others have said Toots is safe from relegation but what of the future ?!

13/4/2022 7:49 pm  #86

Now the Isthmian site is showing this update about the South Central:

'Due to failed ground grading inspections, two Clubs will be relegated to Step 5 (subject to appeal) and so the previously prescribed mechanism for the filling of vacancies at that time will be impacted.

In addition, and for clarity, Whyteleafe FC’s resignation happened after the Isthmian League AGM but before the end of the playing season and so they will be classified as a relegated Club and this will also have an impact on reprieves.

We will endeavour to provide a further update on promotion/play-offs/reprieves/Inter-Step Play-Offs/relegation when communicating the Inter-Step Play-Off fixtures on Sunday 24 April 2022.'

So - Whyteleafe are classed as a relegated club so this leaves one relegated club and one for the play offs - but - two teams are being relegated for ground grading…..so is it just these two teams and no play off (a nod to the previously prescribed method there is a bit of a hint though!)?  Also does anyone know the two teams who failed ground inspections?  Admittedly T&M are safe but this league situation is still a mess…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (13/4/2022 7:50 pm)

13/4/2022 9:35 pm  #87

The 2 teams that are to be demoted are unknown at the moment but 1 seems to be Welwyn and the other may be Colney Heath. I think the idea is to simply move these teams to the bottom of their division and carry on the same relegation/playoff arrangements

14/4/2022 12:23 am  #88

endofthelane wrote:

The 2 teams that are to be demoted are unknown at the moment but 1 seems to be Welwyn and the other may be Colney Heath. I think the idea is to simply move these teams to the bottom of their division and carry on the same relegation/playoff arrangements

Great, thanks for that - the South Central heading made me think it was two teams in this league, cleared that up loads, great stuff.

16/4/2022 5:27 pm  #89

Both Toots and SCR where on the receiving end of loses today. How was Toots performance? Seemingly the cryptic situation in the lower leagues is Toots saviour in staying up but at what cost  , changes and future?

17/4/2022 1:13 pm  #90

Surely if Toots do not get at home , a healthy result and performance tomorrow against Staines (no disrespect to StainesTown) then the writing is truly on the wall for the current Toots establishment regardless of staying up in this current league and next seasons outcomes?

18/4/2022 1:57 pm  #91

Phew! Well done Toots on todays bank holiday result win!

18/4/2022 4:13 pm  #92

Sorry Steptoe but the writing has been on the wall all season just because we managed to avoid relegation is not going to change anything this club under this owner is a complete and utter joke.My younger brother attended the game today complete with a t shirt that was a little derogatory towards our owner he was told to either take it off or leave the ground even though there was no swear words printed on the t shirt the person who told him this was an erstwhile ex sutton supporter name of Nick Shaw one of adkins bottom lickers.
My brother has been following the club nearly as long as me and thats a long time.NO WONDER WE ARE LOSING LONG TIME SUPPORTERS WHEN YOU CANT EVEN SHOW HOW UNHAPPY YOU ARE IN CASE IT UPSETS THIS TOSSER OF AN OWNER.

18/4/2022 5:39 pm  #93

I certainly do not disagree with you daniel collins ! I first took an interest through my Dad of Toots in the 1960’s. I cannot say I have ever been a hardcore supporter like some of the now departed “Steptoes’s” but have always come back to support them.
Surely this season in particular has got to be the worse for many reasons ( all well documented on this website ) for many a decade with the fear of no prospect of positive change in the future.
I just feed on scraps of wins even at this level of football and try to maintain some hope!!!

23/4/2022 4:13 pm  #94

So there it is, Toots 15th in the league table on 34 points with Westfield and Sutton Common Rovers who both won on the last day of this season!
Is there hope for next season ? Surely this has been the worst campaign for Toots in decades and has too much damage been done or then again!!!?

24/4/2022 11:47 am  #95

For anyone wondering how the relegation playoffs next Saturday are going to go……here they are:

1 Histon FC v Consett FC
2 Kempston Rovers FC v Eccleshill United FC
3 Cinderford Town FC v Skelmersdale United FC
4 Chalfont St Peter FC v Boldmere St Michaels FC
5 Witham Town FC v Saffron Walden Town FC
6 Lancing FC v Newhaven FC

Skelmersdale have a bit of a slog, as have Boldmere….

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (24/4/2022 11:51 am)

24/4/2022 11:58 am  #96

Having a look at the CCL, I’d wager Walton & Hersham joining the SC division, Beckenham Town has SE written all over it.  Looking at the geography of the relegation playoffs there may well be a bit of shuffling between the divisions, unfortunately for T&M though some others look like geographically better candidates to go to the SE side……

From the CCL North, Hanworth Villa and Southall fits into the SC area, though I can still see W&H in the SC league.

I’d agree with many that if this season had ended normally (without Whyteleafe being included) landing up with the same amount of points as a relegation playoff team, only surviving by goal difference isn’t really a high point…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (24/4/2022 12:03 pm)

28/4/2022 3:24 pm  #97

It doesn’t seem that long ago when me and the mrs went to Toots promotion game against Dorking at Dorking whereby both clubs gained promotion! The rest is history. Just look at Dorkings  and for that matter Maidstone United’s position now, another club not that long ago that Toots was playing against. Both clubs enjoying success and their supporters enjoying a decent level of football and expectation ! 
Am I bitter ? Yes 
Am I hopeful that Toots will improve on this past dreadful season? No
And to think under different circumstances this great club could have or should  have done so much better.

30/4/2022 11:35 am  #98

In a little over four hours from the time of this post Chalfont will know if they’ve managed to stay up…..

Chertsey v Hanwell tomorrow afternoon for the playoff going the other way.

A very interesting weekend.

30/4/2022 3:11 pm  #99

BernieTheBolt wrote:

A very interesting weekend.

Crikey, just looked now and as of the 52nd minute Chalfont are trailing behind Boldmere 0-2.  I bet a load of support from the midlands has come down, the novelty of a travelling game like this plus a promotion chance.  No attendance given yet though……imagine if the Boldmere faithful had come down the night before, the local B&B owners would never have seen so much black pudding disappear in one morning.

Edit:  As of 65 mins make that 0-3

And at 89’ 0-4

A little bit of movement on the cards, guess we will have to wait until July to see the direction the SC league goes (and even if we’re in it)

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (30/4/2022 3:46 pm)

01/5/2022 5:27 pm  #100

A good weekend for Hanwell Town, while Chertsey stay at step 4.  A definite geographical possibility for a team coming from the CCL North with a gap in the locality……

Board footera