“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/4/2023 5:04 pm  #1

The Point of No Return

Was having a text conversation with a long term Bog End regular last night and he said it was widely accepted that a loss at Chertsey would be the indication of relegation.  I must admit it would make it very close but from what I can see the do-or-die date is only two days later on BH Monday.  Even if Merstham pick up points in their two games, and we lose at Chertsey, on the 10th (their next game) SCR will be on 32 points with a -27 GD.

From that point theoretically four T&M wins, three SCR losses and three Bedfont losses could be enough to avoid the drop (if enough goals are scored to match the 32 points and outweigh the goal difference).  However it’s bloody tight and looking at it I’d say Monday 10th is a real candidate of the point of no return. 

Of course a lot of this could change if Merstham don’t pick up any points but with a six-pointer with Bedfont coming up soon there’s a chance they will do (and you never know T&M might get points at Chertsey!).  I know nobody can say for definite yet  but like I say it seems likely the 10th will be the day……

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (02/4/2023 5:08 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

09/4/2023 12:15 am  #2

Re: The Point of No Return

It’s still very much on. Monday is our earliest definitive date sealing relegation and 67 years in the isthmian all gone.  I hope the A team (Adkins, Ashley and Andy) are really proud of themselves.  What an achievement

09/4/2023 8:25 am  #3

TM United don't even need three Bedfont Sports loses

Just two and a draw will do

As well as three SCR loses

and four wins for TM United of course ! !

09/4/2023 4:19 pm  #4

Stan Churchillmann wrote:

TM United don't even need three Bedfont Sports loses

Just two and a draw will do

As well as three SCR loses

and four wins for TM United of course ! !

Cheers Stan : )   There’s another avenue of hope then!  Funny old game and all that…..

Board footera