“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/10/2023 11:37 am  #1

Open Plea To The Football Gods

Cut us a bit of slack today eh. Give us a break, Sheerwater have conceded about a thousand goals already this season. I don't ask you for much do I ?

There's been quite a bit of talk about the Footballing Gods on the Harrold's entertaining and engaging Bogend Podcast recently. Should you be in any doubt of their existence let me tell you, they read every word I write, they hear every word I speak and they contradict every thought I think. The evidence for their existence is compelling unlike the evidence for the God of Abraham. There, I've said it.

28/10/2023 7:03 pm  #2

Re: Open Plea To The Football Gods

We got there in the end today 😁

First half was pretty dire but those magic moments from Brennan. Again. He's just absolute class. Silly sending off - was looking on the cards for a while and would have saved by a substitution. Sheerwater were better than I thought they'd be. A decent and commendable win today.

28/10/2023 8:06 pm  #3

Brennan is class, 2 goals and an assist, worked his socks off, whipped up the crowd behind the goal which was great to see, I sometimes wonder if the players are aware of our presence. Different gravy, class act, I feel very grateful we've got him. Hard fought win.

29/10/2023 10:36 am  #4

A game of two halves. An appalling first half, devoid of any quality from either side, it felt like an end of season game with nothing to play for. A different story after the break with the only class player on the pitch, Shay Brennan, making the difference. Two goals and unselfishly setting up the third made the Man of The Match award an easy decision. A great atmosphere in the ground, it doesn't take much to bring the fans back, just a winning team.

29/10/2023 6:33 pm  #5

And we've forgotten to mention Brennan's thunderbolt that crashed off the bar early in the 2nd half with the score still at 0-1. A 25-30 yarder that would've been a goal of the season contender if it had gone in, it didn't but it's still worth a mention. 
Andy Mc's right about the atmosphere, it was buzzing behind the goal at the Bishopsford Road end in the 2nd half

Board footera