“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/8/2024 9:57 pm  #1

The despairing thoughts of Stefan

As previously requested, I have been requested by long time passionate supporter Stefan to post this message on his behalf.

Something is fundamentally wrong, when year after year, our football club (Tooting & Mitcham ) continues
to fail at the first hurdle of the FA Cup and in the league itself.

You only need to look at the very top of our club and down to see why.

I ask a straightforward question, if you were running a business would you like to see it keep failing year after year,
with staff (players and management) keep coming and going, with no plan or idea how to put things right.

In the case of T&M something needs to change and change fast.

The supporters can see it, but can the club see it and are they really bothered to do something about it ?
Not on the evidence of today’s result. Not on the evidence on the amount of trialist who have featured this summer,
and the results achieved, poor to say the least. Who is the team ?  Are they good enough for this league ? 
Should they consider retirement ?  So, may questions that lead to the question – Does management know what they
are doing ? Should we not have a recognised striker by now ?  Why should I spend good money and time watching a team,
that have no desire, no self-belief, a poor attitude on and off the pitch, a team that will untimely fail, because there is no
plan to win, and that was born out by today’s result.

Football is a serious business and if players and management fail to understand how important it is to do well in the
FA Cup, then they might as well pack up their bags and go home. There is no place for losers in this competition or
the league itself .  Not if you want supporters to return to the stands and get behind their team. And after so many
exceptionally poor seasons (far too many for me to remember) then a change at the top and down will need to
happen, but we all know that will never happen and the team will continue to flounder. Prove me wrong and remind
me at the end of the season if I was completely wrong.      
Stefan 

Last edited by The Administrator (04/8/2024 9:58 pm)

07/8/2024 9:42 pm  #2

Re: The despairing thoughts of Stefan

Hopefully Stefan didn't have to endure Tuesday night. Ummm, maybe a tad harsh - Tooting weren't awful....but weren't great either. Simeone is one dimensional but very solid. O'Brien looked good again. Coleman can only be in the team for sentimental reasons (or is it for his long throws now?). Looked lightweight upfront and the keeper looks decidedly dodgy. Tooting just look like a small and slight team (which along with not scoring goals could be a recurring problem over the season). Appreciate it was first game of the season but beaten by a Redhill side who looked frankly bang average.

Board footera